Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I won't call it political, but it's very pro-black from the very first words said on the album

"Every nikka is a star"

This is what happens when you buckle under pressure from fans and the social climate instead of making the music you actually want to make :sas2:

It didn't seem pro black to me, but im not a Kendrick fan. Alright was a dope song though :ehh:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I won't call it political, but it's very pro-black from the very first words said on the album

"Every nikka is a star"

This is what happens when you buckle under pressure from fans and the social climate instead of making the music you actually want to make :sas2:

So this is making music from pressure and buckling, and not making the kind of music that comes within?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I love the exposing of this clown. My faith in hiphop fans has been restored. Let the truth reign.
i swear half his fan base(the internet & hotep social network ones ) is fake ass fuk....wtf is section 80/To Pimp A Butterfly and 95% of his discography about? this dude wont be remembered

the machine made him hot

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
i swear half his fan base(the internet & hotep social network ones ) is fake ass fuk....wtf is section 80/To Pimp A Butterfly and 95% of his discography about? this dude wont be remembered

the machine made him hot

I agree about his fan base, no doubt

But to say GKMC won't be remembered is flat out nonsense.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So this is making music from pressure and buckling, and not making the kind of music that comes within?

I might've agreed with you until the 2nd half

That's straight liquor talking :huhldup:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I might've agreed with you until the 2nd half

That's straight liquor talking :huhldup:

True, but that level of dedication and charisma (not to mention creativity of simply adding that sipping sound effect is:mindblown:) not to mention perspective is a surefire example of how that album is coming from a place in his heart.

TPAB imo isn't a call to arms or any cliche shyt like that, it's a moment in time in his personal life and the world around him that he exists in that one guy from Compton managed to capture, and he excelled.

It's also a damn good listen.:yeshrug:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:Call me crazy, but I only look to Kendrick Lamar and others for music and not their thoughts on the civil war in Ukraine and the deficit branch.
Blatant deflection and intellectual dishonesty. Those are not the "politics" that are being referenced here and u know this. I've seen u post enough to know that your smart enough to discern that "Hank" :mjpls:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tfied to tell yall these conscience rappers be out for a money grab same as commercial rappers...Yall refuse to hold them responsible because "Bu bu but they talk about it in they music".....Yeah of course,they know they demographic and who they can sell records too...dont mean they really mean what they spittin,not sure why conscience music is never seen as "just entertainment" when all the rapper does is talk about issues on a damn song.

With that said,Kendrick is just on the watch list....He's definitly not the only one not reppin right....But this aint what puts him on the watch list for me....its just one interview:what:....Some days you feel like hanging out in The Locker Room/Just Buggin Out section....somedays you might wanna be in The Root section:heh:...Maybe today was just a day he mentally didnt feel like getting into a deep debate....its definitly red flags with this nikka though:sas1:...If its all entertainment thats cool to,but let it be known so nikkas can stop giving you extra credit points for being "conscience" when u not.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Well, I suppose he doesn't want to scare off his white fanbase completely.
2273552_o.gif

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

the machine made him hot
More than half,but i feel you. I tried to warn nikkas about this dude and they said i was hating. But when you know the real,the fake sticks out like a sore thumb. He's a fukking plant.
1. Collaborations with rappers then disses them for attention or um "hiphop".
2. When nikkas start riding on him,he wants no parts.
3.supposed to be one of the biggest stars but still cant tour like kanye,jay,drake,wayne,nicki meaning he really aint poppin like that.
4. When was the last time a rapper allegedly sold alot of records,was saying meaningful shyt but didnt have ANY STREET POWER?
FAKE ASS shyt

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You know what....fukk that

quoted, bolded, and enlarged for emphasis

so wait let me get this straight, yall shyt on other rappers who aren't even political for not speaking about political shyt but now that the political rapper wont talk about what his album is based on it's "oh he just a rapper, he aint no politician" when yall been holdin this dude up to such a high standard

yo im so done with these stans man:dead:

:sas2:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
More than half,but i feel you. I tried to warn nikkas about this dude and they said i was hating. But when you know the real,the fake sticks out like a sore thumb. He's a fukking plant.
1. Collaborations with rappers then disses them for attention or um "hiphop".
2. When nikkas start riding on him,he wants no parts.
3.supposed to be one of the biggest stars but still cant tour like kanye,jay,drake,wayne,nicki meaning he really aint poppin like that.
4. When was the last time a rapper allegedly sold alot of records,was saying meaningful shyt but didnt have ANY STREET POWER?
FAKE ASS shyt
yeah it's definitely manufactured they want a new pac,so they used his last album to try to sell us that

"black man taking no losses"....