Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
What exactly has he said that makes you think we need to hear more from him?
That just sounds like an excuse for PRO-BLACK, REVOLUTIONARY Kendrick Lamar.

I just feel this album came along to take advantage of people's feelings about increased media coverage of police murders.

Interscope let him drop it because it's the perfect time to sell that type of music.

But, when he has to actually answer for those concepts, he can't talk.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
there's not one person in this thread who agreed with any statement Kendrick made about the black community

everyone was just clamouring for him to shut the fukk up, now he's shut the fukk up and it's a problem :dead: I ain't even mad at k dot haters anymore, you're just doin what's cool

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That just sounds like an excuse for PRO-BLACK, REVOLUTIONARY Kendrick Lamar.

I just feel this album came along to take advantage of people's feelings about increased media coverage of police murders.

Interscope let him drop it because it's the perfect time to sell that type of music.

But, when he has to actually answer for those concepts, he can't talk.

Kendrick is a rapper bruh.

All that revolutionary bs is some shyt you made up by spending too much time on the Internet.

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
Who cares man? Y'all are trying to turn Kendrick into Lupe or Tech.. Dude had a pretty solid album and said some political stuff, but the homie isn't about that life like those two.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or maybe he wanted to promote the album instead of trying to get into a political debate about America in the eyes of the rest of the world?

He's a rapper first and his job is to promote/sell albums, not a politician.
i would agree with you if his album wasnt political. You cant make that type of album and hide during interviews. speak ya mind KL or dont rap about it. if you cant say it out loud. dont rap about it. or go ahead and rap about it but dont do interviews. i would refuse to allow him on my show, or in my mag as an interview. i would give him a nice page for promo. and thats that. no reason to have a fake interview with a guy who has an album he clearly wants people talking about. this aint the interviewer asking Future what does he think about blacks and whites in the US of A. quiet as kept that aint even political. its racial/ethical discussion. is it not?

Let me see. Did Public Enemy shy away from Political interviews when they knew they made political/conscious albums? NOPE

how's about talib? NOpe
Mos def? nope

I cant think of one rapper/rap group from back in the day that had a lot of political content in their album and they refused to talk about.............Politics.

NO passes for KL on this one.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares man? Y'all are trying to turn Kendrick into Lupe or Tech.. Dude had a pretty solid album and said some political stuff, but the homie isn't about that life like those two.
well dont make albums "about that life" if you aint "about that life" or. never interview. just pay some people to put your album on a magazine page or two and say when its dropping and thats it. there is no other way to promote a political or racial album without talking about the actual content. lol at promoting an album without diving into its content.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now i will give him a pass IF, and thats a big IF. If he's not talking to white people about black issues. Now that i can get behind.

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
well dont make albums "about that life" if you aint "about that life" or. never interview. just pay some people to put your album on a magazine page or two and say when its dropping and thats it. there is no other way to promote a political or racial album without talking about the actual content. lol at promoting an album without diving into its content.

Nah, you're right. Your post before this was on point. I guess I was just thinking that out of all the rappers that get political, Kendrick is the last one I care about actually talking politics.