Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

Benny Blanco

Remember Me?
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Well, I suppose he doesn't want to scare off his white fanbase completely.
This.

I notice this amongst black entertainers. They have now become the group of people in my mind to be the least vocal on anything political...especially regarding race cause they don't want to alienate their fan base and the source of their money (white america). Rappers, actors, and athletes especially. It's like they don't even own themselves or their own voice.

The moment he or any of them get vocal about that shyt...they say he or she is pulling the dreaded "race card", is racist for acknowledging the existence of racism, #alllivesmatter, deflecting to blame black people somehow, "it's not a black people problem it's an everybody problem", "it's not about class it's about race" and so on and so on. We past public enemy, poor righteous teachers and all of that. The white consumer base of hip hop has castrated the black man to be an entertaining puppet and nothing more.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
It's a good move. His fans don't want to hear what's in his heart. They don't want purity from him. They want him to just repeat what they say all the time. And that's the problem. This dude grew up in the hood and when he voices his hinest concerns for his people, he gets called all types of sellouts and c00ns and uncle toms.
People can't disagree peacefully, or even just listen and try to open some sort of dialouge. It's direct to name calling. I wouldn't give these fickle fukks my political opinion either.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
some people just shouldn't talk about politics because they come off as really dumb

like the type of people that advocate for food stamp benefits on one hand and try to come off as anarchist on the other hand

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
because corporations use money to enslave these entertainers...."do as we say or well take your $ away" these aren't real "artist" just corporate slaves

Yep. Lupe has gone through hell and back trying to speak his mind. That's why most of these rappers that actually speak their mind are unsigned. Ain't nobody trying to sign a dude that is going to go out and have a mind of their own.

realn!ggatime

Rookie
Daps
this n!gga a plant, yall fall for this act and attack others on they choice of music when this fool cnt even speak without being told to ill listen to wat i want i dnt need some dumb smart n!gga preaching that conscious bs then answer questions the way he do gtfo

Hammer

Banned
Daps
Kendrick's always thrown subs about himself committing a murder but i highly doubt he did

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
OK maybe I'm confused, how is Kendrick's album political :dahell:
I won't call it political, but it's very pro-black from the very first words said on the album

"Every nikka is a star"

This is what happens when you buckle under pressure from fans and the social climate instead of making the music you actually want to make :sas2: