Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
He's a faux militant rapper whom pretends to be deep to make up for his lack of skills in making hits on a drake level. But he really aint saying shyt deep at all.
It don't mean that he nice
Just mean you don't understand all the bullshyt that he write
Is it oochie walle walle or is it one mic?
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I get it. Not even because of the backlash from the media, it's the fans too. From the Vibe shyt to his latest interview where you had several people on the coli making the "Kendrick says media is trying to start a race war"...

He's an intelligent cat but he's not that articulate as a public speaker. The more rambling they allow him to do in interviews about his political stances the more people will jump at the chance to take what he says out of context. He's catching shyt from people who want him to talk and people who want him to shut up...might as well just let the music speak for its self before there is another PR issue that moves the conversation from the album to how mad this group of people is at him for this statement.
Drakes the same way.

Which is why he barely doesn't interviews of any kind because every time he does one he says something or does something that have people looking at him in negative way.

Makes sense tho artist don't get media training like they use to.

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
Yikes...

I truly support K.Dot, but I just can't understand how ANYONE can approve of this. You're the worst kind of stan if you find nothing wrong with this. Before the MUSIC, we're all human beings with ideas, feelings, emotions, etc. So FOH with that "he's a rapper" bull. That never stopped him from venting out before, has it?

I get it, you don't need to explain yourself or constantly touch on your stance...but if you created possibly the most political album of the year(s), you BETTER be able to walk the walk AND talk the talk. Does he actually believe he'll receive less backlash by doing this??

Also, why does Kendrick need his manager to tell interviewers anything?? Isn't he pushing 30? Shouldn't he be able to tell them what he will not answer? Like real artist fukking do? He ain't a teen celebrity, this is borderline puppet shyt brehs

Last edited:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Stop talking and dance like a good little negro

Right?

what the fukk are you talkin about man?

I don't know why y'all want him to talk anyway, there's not a single "pro black" person on the coli who agrees with Kendrick's views, so why even give a fukk? If anything, you should be celebrating that he won't be preaching responsibility politics, or whatever buzzword is floating around these days, anymore

face media talking heads on every news channel or face every faux militant on forums and twitter

fukk it, that's a no win scenario, just talk music

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
what the fukk are you talkin about man?

I don't know why y'all want him to talk anyway, there's not a single "pro black" person on the coli who agrees with Kendrick's views, so why even give a fukk? If anything, you should be celebrating that he won't be preaching responsibility politics, or whatever buzzword is floating around these days, anymore

face media talking heads on every news channel or face every faux militant on forums and twitter

fukk it, that's a no win scenario, just talk music
I want him to talk so he can get into it more and refine his thoughts and others can say their piece too once they see him talking.

Politics need to come back to the rap scene anyway.

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I get it. Not even because of the backlash from the media, it's the fans too. From the Vibe shyt to his latest interview where you had several people on the coli making the "Kendrick says media is trying to start a race war"...

He's an intelligent cat but he's not that articulate as a public speaker. The more rambling they allow him to do in interviews about his political stances the more people will jump at the chance to take what he says out of context. He's catching shyt from people who want him to talk and people who want him to shut up...might as well just let the music speak for its self before there is another PR issue that moves the conversation from the album to how mad this group of people is at him for this statement.
But he never said that, School Boy Q did but let these nikkas reach tho :snoop:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Yikes...

I truly support K.Dot, but I just can't understand how ANYONE can approve of this. You're the worst kind of stan if you find nothing wrong with this. Before the MUSIC, we're all human beings with ideas, feelings, emotions, etc. So FOH with that "he's a rapper" bull. That never stopped him from venting out before, has it?

I get it, you don't need to explain yourself or constantly touch on your stance...but if you created possibly the most political album of the year(s), you BETTER be able to walk the walk AND talk the talk. Does he actually believe he'll receive less backlash by doing this??

Also, why does Kendrick need his manager to tell interviewers anything?? Isn't he pushing 30? Shouldn't he be able to tell them what he will not answer? Like real artist fukking do? He ain't a teen celebrity, this is borderline puppet shyt brehs
See this is what I'm talking about. I seen this a mile away. Maybe it's cause I'm older and was around seeing the way public enemy, krs - one, tupac, ice cube, x clan, and a whole lot of others moved the general public and how they conducted themselves. Or maybe cause I revisit them late eighties early nineties albums pretty regularly. But I could tell Kendrick meant very little of what he said and only wanted the praise that a successful yet political rapper could garner. And yes he's pushing thirty but his demeanor is like a fifteen year old to me. I don't see a man when he sits down to talk. He has the vibe of the lil dude that got his ass took, in that movie LOCK DOWN master p and them. Just weak and meek. fukkin weirdo

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Drake ain't made one song or comment about anything of the shyt that's been going on. But he good tho :ehh:

nikka does he even claim Black? Most of y'all KDOT haters are Drake stans tho

shyt don't make sense in The Booth :wow:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
I want him to talk so he can get into it more and refine his thoughts.

Politics need to come back to the rap scene anyway.

too much harm would be done before he ever came around to a perspective like thecoli has

but I agree, ideally he'd be able to hash it out and improve as a pro black

but find any thread on kendrick recently and they're all shytting on him being a faux militant, I'd rather he sit out the rest of this album cycle than keep reading that bullshyt

See this is what I'm talking about. I seen this a mile away. Maybe it's cause I'm older and was around seeing the way public enemy, krs - one, tupac, ice cube, x clan, and a whole lot of others moved the general public and how they conducted themselves. Or maybe cause I revisit them late eighties early nineties albums pretty regularly. But I could tell Kendrick meant very little of what he said and only wanted the praise that a successful yet political rapper could garner. And yes he's pushing thirty but his demeanor is like a fifteen year old to me. I don't see a man when he sits down to talk. He has the vibe of the lil dude that got his ass took, in that movie LOCK DOWN master plan and them. Just weak and meek. fukkin weirdo

nikka what the fukk? :dahell: you're obsessed, and legitimately creepy at this point

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
too much harm would be done before he ever came around to a perspective like thecoli has

but find any thread on kendrick recently and they're all shytting on him being a faux militant, I'd rather he sit out the rest of this album cycle than keep reading that bullshyt
When he talks other rappers will talk and eventually one with the right view will take the stand among various others as well.

Way better than him amd various rappers staying quiet and dancing like a joke.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick needs a new team, or he needs to take more control of his situation. His team botched the release of the album, has him doing random festivals instead of his own tour, and constantly seems to be fukking up. Meanwhile Cole had a literally perfect album rollout, right into the tour. And I'm not even a fan of Cole but that's the truth.

Without Kendrick there is no TDE. That alone should ensure he gets to say what he wants. SMH.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

nikka what the fukk? :dahell: you're obsessed, and legitimately creepy at this point
He comes off as someone whom has been emasculated