Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
The album is heavily influenced by political and social issues for black males in the inner city of America....

What would a white kid from Sweden really know about that? You could ask him and have a much better understanding.

Again, don't try to play it off as anything other than this guy shooting for what all online interviewers want, which is for it to spread like wild fire because of some tweetable quote.
Dude it's his/her job as a journalist to go over the source material and ask questions related to it.

Clearly this person listened to the album and asked questions related to the topics on the album

I think your trying to make it deeper than what it really is and if it were the intentions of the interviewer to have a tweetable quote it wasn't needed because the fact that he wouldn't answer the political questions raises eyebrows as well.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Damned if you, damned if you dont

The internet and social media have replaced snark with outrage in the 2010's, so now its not only the big scandals but every little thing a celeb says is magnified and the hot word is "Are they problematic"
You saw how Kendrick caught so much flak for the Billboard interview and even though I didnt agree with him, he didnt say anything different than the usual generic lip service rappers used to say ("Man fukk them, we need to look at ourselves bruh"). Even J Cole gets a lot of heat out there for his lyrics towards women despite being a conscious MC

Its funny because we praise so much of conscious stuff rappers from the 80s and 90s said, but within all that you could find stuff that would be deemed problematic and had there been a social media outlet with tumblr, twitter and blogs for people to write their counter think pieces, they would have been picked apart and their strong points would probably not be as appreicated.

Like 2pac Ice Cube and KRS One would have got it the worst (And to that point some of the hipster educated writers back then, did come at them even in Hip Hop publications). The shyt that people come at Nas for , that would have and is the regular now with other rappers.

To me its all about perspective, Hip Hop is going to have a strong message even if its unrefined and a little rough around the edges. Its not suppose to be safe and 100% smart, its going to have its flaws and street principles and there's a certain quality to that to endear and admire still

I think its good that people check them for stuff and everyone has a voice and perspective and it makes social issues progress, but people also react to the extreme (Look at the heat Michael B Jordan the actor got last year for his interview with Glamour magazine where he said he likes a girl who knows her way around the Kitchen and women deemed him an out and out sexist, like wtf? He said he likes a girl who can cook lol)

Daps
Oh okay. My bad. I didn't realize a kid 15,000 miles away from another country could understand that album because he interviewed Tupac one time.

why you call him a kid motherfukker is you 50? i also edited my last post and called out your dumbassness some more

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He doesn't have anything profound or unique to say anyway.

People don't want the opinions of these artists, they just want to hear/see THEIR OWN opinions echoed on larger platform. Same people who call for rappers to speak on these issues be the main ones barking at them if they say anything that doesn't adhere to their pov

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Or maybe he wanted to promote the album instead of trying to get into a political debate about America in the eyes of the rest of the world?

He's a rapper first and his job is to promote/sell albums, not a politician.
exactly

but let nikkas on here tell it he's the next MLK or some shyt :dahell: