Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is still wild to me. :wow:

Imagine D'Angelo refusing to talk about Black Messsiah?

They didn't say don't talk about the album, they said "no political questions". Asking him about "For Free" or "Wesley's Theory" is one thing and could lead into political territory, but it's on the album. Now asking him something that has to do with politics not related to the music on his album is entirely different.

Daps
All you chatty pattys do is criticize rappers who try to make uplifting music

At the same time you guys also stan rappers who make music that 'poisons the black community' and spreads a negative message

Then you'll turn around and complain about rappers not making positive music

Armchair activists need to make their minds up

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
They didn't say don't talk about the album, they said "no political questions". Asking him about "For Free" or "Wesley's Theory" is one thing and could lead into political territory, but it's on the album. Now asking him something that has to do with politics not related to the music on his album is entirely different.
Nonsense,unlesss a nikka was on trial for,it;s some sucka shyt,no excuse

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nonsense,unlesss a nikka was on trial for,it;s some sucka shyt,no excuse

Making a political statement will put you on trial. Not in the court of law, but with fans and his audience. You make one political statement that someone doesn't agree with and they make something out of it that wasn't meant OR they disagree to the point they stop supporting. I'm not talking about his mainstream audience either, I'm talking his core audience. A lot of people already said Kendrick needs to keep his mouth closed for saying what he said in that Billboard interview.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Making a political statement will put you on trial. Not in the court of law, but with fans and his audience. You make one political statement that someone doesn't agree with and they make something out of it that wasn't meant OR they disagree to the point they stop supporting. I'm not talking about his mainstream audience either, I'm talking his core audience. A lot of people already said Kendrick needs to keep his mouth closed for saying what he said in that Billboard interview.
I rather have self pride then some fickle ass fans . just my opinion :yeshrug:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rather have self pride then some fickle ass fans . just my opinion :yeshrug:

I agree, but a lot of artists lack the ability to take control of an interview. They get put on the spot and overthink or just give a PC answer. Their most powerful statements are in rhyme format. That's the difference between a Pac and a Kendrick. Pac was great at rhyming about politics and talking about it in interviews. If he offended someone with his statements, he didn't care.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I specifically mean court of law as if he was being charged with a war crime etc. Him being scared of public opinion about how he generally feels,makes him a fukk boy. and no that shyt your're saying is no excuse. It shows he's not whom he pretends to be and since you're trying to rationalizing it,you're a fukk boy too

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I specifically mean court of law as if he was being charged with a war crime etc. Him being scared of public opinion about how he generally feels,makes him a fukk boy. and no that shyt your're saying is no excuse. It shows he's not whom he pretends to be and since you're trying to rationalizing it,you're a fukk boy too

:camby:

This is exactly what I'm getting at. Whether he says anything or stays silent people are going to feel some type of way about it. This isn't an excuse or rationalizing it. What's fake is people saying "well, he's fake for not speaking on it", but be the same ones saying he should've kept his mouth closed after disagreeing with his statements in the Billboard interview.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
:camby:

This is exactly what I'm getting at. Whether he says anything or stays silent people are going to feel some type of way about it. This isn't an excuse or rationalizing it. What's fake is people saying "well, he's fake for not speaking on it", but be the same ones saying he should've kept his mouth closed after disagreeing with his statements in the Billboard interview.
Real people take the pros and cons of being real,word to 2pac (the man he pretends is passing him the torch at the end of his album)
It's cool to be a fukk boy and not want trouble but only if you're not pretending and trying to brainwash people into believing you're something more. "if you're a mouse then be a mouse" " but if you're a don in your album but you cant speak on public issues" "oh you a follower now" *in my 2pac voice*

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I feel for him. It makes it seem as if being a rapper is no better than working any other job with an idiot boss.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real people take the pros and cons of being real,word to 2pac (the man he pretends is passing him the torch at the end of his album)
It's cool to be a fukk boy and not want trouble but only if you're not pretending and trying to brainwash people into believing you're something more. "if you're a mouse then be a mouse" " but if you're a don in your album but you cant speak on public issues" "oh you a follower now" *in my 2pac voice*

First, you'd have to know what political issues are to speak on them. Then to even talk about it, it's not a matter of giving an opinion or observation, but also having some facts and something substantial to back it up with. Or else, you not only look like you don't know what you're talking about, but it looks even more fake than not speaking.

Not speaking on political issues =/= being a mouse or not wanting any trouble.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
First, you'd have to know what political issues are to speak on them. Then to even talk about it, it's not a matter of giving an opinion or observation, but also having some facts and something substantial to back it up with. Or else, you not only look like you don't know what you're talking about, but it looks even more fake than not speaking.

Not speaking on political issues =/= being a mouse or not wanting any trouble.
When you're pretending to be the next pac but you dont know what's going on,that's a flaw in itself. When you're pretending to be the next pac and you're scared not allowed to speak your mind,then you're blatantly pretending for profit. If kendrick just wanna rap for $,cool.Just stop faking

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you're pretending to be the next pac but you dont know what's going on,that's a flaw in itself. When you're pretending to be the next pac and you're scared not allowed to speak your mind,then you're blatantly pretending for profit. If kendrick just wanna rap for $,cool.Just stop faking

That's not to say that he doesn't know what's going on. Knowing what's going on and expressing it in an interview are two different things. That's the difference between Kendrick and Pac. Pac was able to speak on politics because he knew how to articulate his points and back up what he was saying. He was also unapologetic. That's not Kendrick. There are few if any rappers who haven't wanted to be like Pac, but they lack. I wouldn't call it fake, but more so falling short.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
That's not to say that he doesn't know what's going on. Knowing what's going on and expressing it in an interview are two different things. That's the difference between Kendrick and Pac. Pac was able to speak on politics because he knew how to articulate his points and back up what he was saying. He was also unapologetic. That's not Kendrick. There are few if any rappers who haven't wanted to be like Pac, but they lack. I wouldn't call it fake, but more so falling short.
When you're splicing interviews and acting like pac is talking TO YOU ,but you dont have the nuts to even really TRY to be like him,then yea you're fake. it's one thing to be not as good. but naw he's straight faking cause he wants that type of love. Stop making BS excuses you bytch nikka