Kendrick Not Allowed To Talk About Politics Anymore In Interviews?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Both. When Sam Cooke made "change gon come" in the 70s and Marvin Gaye made "what's going on" around that same time, you could feel the raw energy and positive ambitions of that period. :banderas:

After the last 10 years, it's been one big party scene, despite the world changing like crazy. We reached a point where there is a divide of the people who got their wake up call, and the ones that will burn with the propoganda once it's unveiled.

This era of music, outside of a gifted few, is abysmal and reflects the death of innovation or anything that challenges the status quo.

Those are just two artists and they are remembered for a reason. I could point you to songs/artists from the '64-'71 with similar content that have been forgotten. Those two songs are important to that time period ('64-'71) but they aren't reflective of the music that was being made during that time period (that would be misleading).

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those are just two artists and they are remembered for a reason. I could point you to songs/artists from the '64-'71 with similar content that have been forgotten. Those two songs are important to that time period ('64-'71) but they aren't reflective of the music that was being made during that time period (that would be misleading).
right

every generation has its trash. i can't believe people are pushing these old ass talking points. legit sounding like a bitter old grandpa. :dead:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
right

every generation has its trash. i can't believe people are pushing these old ass talking points. legit sounding like a bitter old grandpa. :dead:

Disrespect black history, brehs. :mjcry:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disrespect black history, brehs. :mjcry:
what did i disrespect? i'm pretty sure i bumped a sam cooke thread in the last week to pay tribute to him. i'm just saying there is always good and bad music from every decade and the truly classic stuff is rare.

i've also made threads proclaiming what's going on as my favorite album of all time.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
:smh:

...it's probably for the best.

He needs a old head, an old OG on his team. Pay him as a consultant. .. because at this point it's soooo much bigger than him. Can't stop this train.

... and the Taylor Swift/ Future thread brought me here.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Master P's messages of black empowerment & ownership were more valuable than anything kendrick ever said.
47b4677096c9c26767c37e28b04cbc1d.500x375x17.gif
47b4677096c9c26767c37e28b04cbc1d.500x375x17.gif
This

Kendrick addresses the problem, and thats fine, but P was out here spitting the solution

P was out here owning his shyt and bragging in them white folks faces about it

So many rappers are eating right now because of the foundation he layed

The fact that his run gets such hate is :snoop:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
And he'll oblige cause his angle is a farce.

he's only pro-black for profit....when its not related to his $ dude does not hesitate to buck dance

He's a faux militant rapper whom pretends to be deep to make up for his lack of skills in making hits on a drake level. But he really aint saying shyt deep at all.
Yea yall mite be rite but we'll see as time progresses. I cringe everytime i see cats say that he's this generations Tupac

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a lot of issues with his comments as well, but I like that he said this in the article:

“A lot of people say lending your support is going out there and talking, protesting. Personally I’d rather do the groundwork inside the city. I feel like there needs to be more action instead of talk, we need to be at the youth detention centres, the boys’ and girls’ clubs and the parks. It’s about showing your face to these kids.”

Way more e-activists and than people putting in work with the marginalized.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this. i like kendrick as a rapper. he's one of my favorites, but his interviews have proven that shyt was a stunt. he has no idea what he is talking about or consistency in his views. i like the album too, but it kinda sucks that his message wasn't all that deep.

cole on the other hand real as fukk and knows what he's talking about.

If we're criticizing Kendrick for not keeping it real and not knowing what he's talking about, Cole is guilty of the same. He makes thought provoking observations in his songs, but then :whoa: in the same verse. He's also made some questionable statements in interviews.