:dead: :laff: Jesus.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you heard this hook/track ?

:lupe:

Favorite song on T&Y. I don't think of them as the same though.

Both songs are about the obstacles to the next step. But I think Lupe's is about the conflict of the world knowing the young are the hope and future, but at the same time, we've put them in this game that's hard and even deadly. This is where it applies to the real Adoration of the Magi.

I think Kendrick and the Bahai' analogy are about the obstacles we and our society put on ourselves are there because we can't see life beyond what society has birthed us for. We're all caterpillars whether babies, kids, adults, society, etc. We just don't know that we're butterflies, so we control the world in that manner. The other Bahai' metaphor I remember was a huge ladder. So huge you couldn't see where it led. The top was enlightenment. You could move up that ladder and gain enlightenment or deal with the worldly without the mindfulness to climb the ladder because of ourselves, influences of others, and lack of knowledge. Therefore we create our rules of society based on what we can see on the ladder.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It feels good to really say "wow" at multiple points throughout albums again. This and T&Y give me the same feeling I get when listening to some of my all time favorite albums. The level of craftsmanship and attention to detail is just on a completely different level. Add the talent of the emcee and it all comes together to make something really special. When's the last time you really felt an album had no skippables? I can't speak for y'all, but for me it's been a good minute. Every song on this album is genuinely top notch. What's the worst record? King Kunta? King Kunta would be the very best songs on MANY rappers projects. King Kunta is a great record.

We are entering a phase where the cream is really going to rise to the top and a lot of previous comparisons are going to seem laughable looking back. Keep in mind there were people truly asking who is better between Kdot and Drake. That was really a question brehs.

Last edited:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
So listened to poe mans dreams today and the first thing that came to mind was damn, Kendrick sound dead as fukk. Maybe those voice changes were for a reason :ohhh:

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs, i'm loosing my mind. songs usually don't have this effect on me.
:lawd:how much a dollar cost
:banderas:mortal man

:damn:...is it jacky, is it jesse, oh i know it's michael jackson
:ohlawd: 0oooh!!!
:mjcry:when shyt hit the fan is you still a fan!!!

'This nikka gave us Billie Jean. You say he touched those kids.' :wow:

It still always moves me to hear rappers give MJ props.