Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Tate Griffin
1 week ago

I love how they're just sitting on a dead white guy. If white people made an album with them sitting on a black person it would be "racist" just saying.

:laff:

Tate Griffin

1 week ago

Actually colored people in Africa had slaves and what happened was when the Americans traveled over to Africa they saw slaves there. Now the American were fascinated by this idea because they have not seen it before. So the Africans actually sold there own kind to the Americans in exchange for other goods. You see there was never any "racism" there was slavery which then lead to apartheid. I totally agree on your comment but this country had to go through racism for it to progress economically and socially. +Peeper Sneaker I respect your opinion too.

:laff: this guy needs to go straight on that racists getting fired Tumblr

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Tate Griffin

1 week ago
Actually colored people in Africa had slaves and what happened was when the Americans traveled over to Africa they saw slaves there. Now the American were fascinated by this idea because they have not seen it before. So the Africans actually sold there own kind to the Americans in exchange for other goods. You see there was never any "racism" there was slavery which then lead to apartheid. I totally agree on your comment but this country had to go through racism for it to progress economically and socially. +Peeper Sneaker I respect your opinion too.

:laff: this guy needs to go straight on that racists getting fired Tumblr
Smh those cac fukkboys basically saying that slavery was necessary :snoop:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I'm gonna have to schedule a doctors appointment. I'm legit dumbfounded at the way everyone is fukking with Drakes tape, even comparing it to this. shyts boring monotone, repetitive, compared to THIS!!:wtf: I understand most of the public wont fukk with this cause people don't really mess with music like that, especially rap that's about more than women and partying, but on a music forum shyt is strange. Two completely different levels, I'm perplexed

dumbfounded-gif.gif

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna have to schedule a doctors appointment. I'm legit dumbfounded at the way everyone is fukking with Drakes tape, even comparing it to this. shyts boring monotone, repetitive, compared to THIS!!:wtf: I understand most of the public wont fukk with this cause people don't really mess with music like that, especially rap that's about more than women and partying, but on a music forum shyt is strange. Two completely different levels, I'm perplexed

dumbfounded-gif.gif

1. its the Coli
2. Opinions and all of that
3. Calm down

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:
What's so hard about these lyrics that everybody keeps mentioning rapgenius? It's not like it's Supreme Clientele. Some songs may take a closer listen to, but nothing is abstract in a way that the meaning is indecipherable

It's like the film Memento, people will use it as a mark of their intelligence others are like 'I don't get it'. The content is not hard to understand with a bit of focus.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

dumbfounded-gif.gif

If it doesn't fit the "shyt dont bang" criteria then it's :camby: for a lot of people in here.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Album is good but I'm just not a big Kendrick fan like that. I don't see myself listening to this record as much as I thought I might. But as far as the drake comparisons. Kendrick shows how much more diverse and poetic he is compared to drake who doesn't talk about a damn thing besides himself. This music can grow on me as time goes on while drakes stuff just seems so pedestrian and shallow. Nothing to go back to but I see myself revisiting this album eventually.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
you read that theverge review saying iits the best album of the century in any genre? great great review :blessed:
the hyperbole in that article is absolutely fukking ridiculous

and i love k dot and the album.

they basically called kendrick the G.O.A.T. and said it's the best rap album since ready to die or illmatic and best in any genre this century

it was well written though

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the hyperbole in that article is absolutely fukking ridiculous

and i love k dot and the album.

they basically called kendrick the G.O.A.T. and said it's the best rap album since ready to die or illmatic and best in any genre this century

it was well written though
:weirdo:
I haven't read it but theverge review Apple products pretty much the same way

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.
I just keep thinking about the metaphor To Pimp a Butterfly. Makes me think of the Baha'i metaphor of the womb. We down here on earth who haven't traveled far enough on the ladder to enlightenment are still in the womb like a baby. We can't see what those who have reached enlightenment can. We know its there, but can't quite reach it, so our rules try to dictate those who are enlightened or those trying to ascend. Like an unborn baby. That baby can't see outside the womb but can detect light and hear that there is something more. They control the woman though, taking nourishment from her, swelling and burdening her body. I remember that applying to all walks of life. Music artist that can see the next level or the light and moving on to the next creative plateau being held back by fear from fans and record company of sales. Worldly addictions and those consumed by them holding the butterfly down with tax burden and credit card payments. White society trying to limit the potential of the black man by controlling him and forcing him to live his way, The trappings of the hood holding brovas back and keeping them in the old ways of the hood.

I'm sure there's nothing enlightening there, but was just talking to a friend that's a Baha'i and I remember going to a class with her hearing about that metaphor.
Have you heard this hook/track ?

:lupe: