ANNIE ARE YOU OK
tumblr_lxd5teDB3k1r21w7b.gif

Limo tinted with the gold face

:whew: I still feel the urge to shout this out several times a day

Also,
Kendrick: And there I was, a little nappy head nikka with the world behind him
Pac: And there I was, a young nikka with heart aint had shyt to lose

I love catching shyt like that :wow:

yeah after several listens, king kunta and wesleys theory are very important. i felt they were a bit light initially but now we need that lightness cause the album bout to get very heavy as it progresses. g funk throwback is terrific.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
yeah after several listens, king kunta and wesleys theory are very important. i felt they were a bit light initially but now we need that lightness cause the album bout to get very heavy as it progresses. g funk throwback is terrific.
Word, I feel like those songs are what make it an album rather than an art project. Introspection is cool, but those 2 songs are just fun.

And not fake "fun" like its "something for the club" but actual fun as in fun to listen to, fun to sing, and I wish I played the bass so I could perform these songs...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Didn't say that breh. I said black people should not be concerned with making white people feel comfortable with their words and art. If an album is unapologetically black, tells it like it is, and they still vibe to it, then cool.
What I'm saying is that those two concepts coexist.

"Unapologetically black" by definition makes white people uncomfortable. They wouldn't be tweeting about how great of an album it is.

Its safe race talk. Rehashes of topics people are comfortable at discussing and even does a bit of finger pointing at black people themselves.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I feel the quality of hip hop that has come out the last few months is so high that we are experience a new renaissance of excellent music. For me personally, if you're not bringing the skills and deep subject matter, I really can't get anything from your music. If a dude is spitting his ass off but not saying anything of substance, I can't rock with it. If a dude has something deep and profound to say but rhymes like Doctor Seuss, I can't rock with it. I've always felt this way to a lesser extent, but we on a whole new level now. Emcees are clearly taking it back to the skills and the art. Making these other rappers look real funny in the day light.

Daps
Bruh I said I was gon chill out fukking wit a bunch of hoes this year and get a girlfriend, last night I ended fukking this bytch I met at the club, and while I'm smashing her all I could hear was "I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015" :russ:

:pachaha:

i used to quote "last time i checked i was the man on these streets", just randomly.

Daps
"u" has become one of my fav joints on there

where was your antennas?? :mjcry:

355k is great..i expected at least 500k tho..

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try this...read what each track is a bout on rap genius, multiple listens or even in this thread and then listen to it.

Once I realized the concepts and how each song linked it made more sense to me.

I can understand if someone can't get into it but learning the concept, each songs meaning and how the poem connects I loved it.
:mindblown:
What's so hard about these lyrics that everybody keeps mentioning rapgenius? It's not like it's Supreme Clientele. Some songs may take a closer listen to, but nothing is abstract in a way that the meaning is indecipherable