Supporter
Daps
You aint gotta lie
U
Wesleys theory
King
Hood politics
For sale

Try this...read what each track is a bout on rap genius, multiple listens or even in this thread and then listen to it.

Once I realized the concepts and how each song linked it made more sense to me.

I can understand if someone can't get into it but learning the concept, each songs meaning and how the poem connects I loved it.
See I don't want to be going on rap genius to like a song

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
I gave other options.

1. Rap genius

or

2. Keep listening and interpreting the music

Here's a good breakdown
http://m.noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/the-narrative-guide-to-kendrick-lamars-to-pimp-a-butterfly-2015

The author of that article didn't really grasp what's "These Walls" about, he's wrong there. It has nothing to do with what he said.

1st and 2nd verse are about Kendrick and this girl having sex while her boyfriend is in prison and 3rd verse is about her boyfriend and literal prison walls and not vagina walls like in first two verses.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"Just because you don't understand him doesn't mean that he's nice"

Spells out this album in a nutshell. You shouldn't have to research rap genius and rely on some forum dude/hypster cacs interpretation to understand what's going on.

Being a good lyricist is being able tot take advanced concepts and put them into words that people can relate to. Kendrick does the opposite, he takes simple concepts and turns them into cryptic overcomplicated verses that you'd basically need to ask him what exactly he ment.

Lupe does this too.

To each his own i guess, but I don't want to be anilyzing his mind and his history in order to understand his songs.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
"Just because you don't understand him doesn't mean that he's nice"

Spells out this album in a nutshell. You shouldn't have to research rap genius and rely on some forum dude/hypster cacs interpretation to understand what's going on.

Being a good lyricist is being able tot take advanced concepts and put them into words that people can relate to. Kendrick does the opposite, he takes simple concepts and turns them into cryptic overcomplicated verses that you'd basically need to ask him what exactly he ment.

Lupe does this too.

To each his own i guess, but I don't want to be anilyzing his mind and his history in order to understand his songs.

My nikka tell me what was so complicated about such songs like these walls and how much a dollar cost?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Nothing was complicated about the overall concepts, what is complicated is deciphering what some of the lyrics mean.

Only time i was ever lost was when he referred to situations that happened in previous albums .

But Thanks to this thread i went back listen and came back with clarity .