Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
whatever you do, dont listen to MBDTF so quickly after you just finished TPAB. its flaws just become more obvious. no one thinks kanye is the best rapper but his limitations become glaringly obvious. if you could deal with it and still enjoy the production maybe you could digest it in the past, but thats not allowable anymore. its just too pedestrian. even his topics are limited. kanye is basically a slightly more interesting drake as far as subject matter goes.

Since this album came out, I've listened to it at least twice a day. It's hard to listen to anything else afterwards :wow:

I had been listening to Drake's album pretty consistantly until this album dropped...I tried to go back and listen to it the other day and felt like I was eating at the McDonalds 99 cent menu after a week of meals at The Palm...

It honestly doesn't feel like the same genre of music.. We should really stop the general comparassions..

All true. Everything else feels like shyt right now. I tried bumpin MBDTF too and it's nothing compared to this album. I'm so,happy that I lived to see this.

This might really be the greatest HipHop album ever.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I have been playing this album non stop since I got it. I was nervous I might play it out since I felt it was a classic off first listen, but I love it even more with every listen. this shyt is really going down as an all time classic. not a classic because I can play it all the way though, but because from the lyrics, to the message, to the music....this shyt is a masterpiece. kendrick did not waste a single minute on this record. when it's all said and done this shyt might go in my top 10 ever. havent felt this way since supreme clientele and black on both sides dropped.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How do y'all interpret the cover? The first thing I thought of was black people at the white house wilding out. A representation of what the country has turned many black men into on the front porch of the nation's capital for the world to see.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I had been listening to Drake's album pretty consistantly until this album dropped...I tried to go back and listen to it the other day and felt like I was eating at the McDonalds 99 cent menu after a week of meals at The Palm...

It honestly doesn't feel like the same genre of music.. We should really stop the general comparassions..

Good comparison :ohhh:

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
How do y'all interpret the cover? The first thing I thought of was black people at the white house wilding out. A representation of what the country has turned many black men into on the front porch of the nation's capital for the world to see.
to me its the first verse of wesley's theory or rather the immature vision he had before finding himself and becoming big in rap

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like most of you I've been bumping this non stop, I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened.

Took a day off to listen to rapper big poohs album words paint pictures. Give it a listen, trust me it's a dope albeit short album. Subject matter is very much there. Apollo prouction on point.

Also tried to listen to bronsons album, not so succesful:scust:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
After bumping lupe for the last month or so and now this, its hard for me to let albums of lesser subject matter get some burn, I mean these albums are just so full filling if you really appreciate depth in your hip-hop.

Well said brother. Couldn't agree more.

It's like when Joker talked about things going back to normal after Batman came through and crushed the buildings. It's like nah. "Things are never going back to the way they were. You changed things."

Last edited: