Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The kind of album that you know should have the perfect score, evne when you're not feeling it

because the music is undenaibly great.. god damn thudnercat definitely deserves a special award, dude is one of the greatest bassists I have heard in my life

As does Terrace Martin, dude was killing that sax throughout the album! :whew:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
I wonder if how we talk about MBDTF here is how we'll view TPAB in the future. Maybe when the next debated classic comes along.

I finally got around to buying the album, about to tear the plastic off right now. :banderas: Support good music brehs.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:clap:

Kendrick and Cole are needed to steer this culture to the right direction where quality and replayability should be the norm, but superficial crap is all on our stereos. K.Dot is living up to the hype, and more importantly, his worth as a young MC and leader.

I STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE SUPPOSED COLLABORATIVE ALBUM.... I know it's now may not ever going to happen, but if they only find time to do it... :wow:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Wale's Matrimony single shyts on this whole album.

I'm talking real impact. Real depth. Instant classic track, and that's saying something because I can't stand Wale.

You see, that's what true timeless music does. It grabs you in the moment and touches on what you thought was always possible. A great track drives the narrative, not internet nerds.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

I'm talking real impact. Real depth. Instant classic track, and that's saying something because I can't stand Wale.

You see, that's what true timeless music does. It grabs you in the moment and touches on what you thought was always possible. A great track drives the narrative, not internet nerds.

Sit your sorry ass down.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on

Don't you think Dion is the best 2-guard since Kobe? :bryan: Have several seats. Your opinion is null and void.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
First two runs was unimpressed. Third run in the headphones and its clicking.

The best songs are Wesley & The Rapsody joint.

It's a really good album that's bound to be overrated given the climate of today.

really Big Mel? This is a worth a listen? On errythang you love?

Because I've been ignoring it thus far and not feeling bad at all. What's so great about this album?

it's not silly at all actually...when someone is pushing in ur head that something is perfect...and u not really gettin that vibe...u start to pick shyt apart to see if u buggin and just don't "get it"..or if ur grips are valid...it makes u examine the flaws more closely...like I said I think the shyt is dope...but all this best album of all time talk is mad off putting...cause the shyt just just so damn untrue it's ridiculous...some people even wait for the hype to die down to go into an album with a clear head...so don't hit me wit that "these days" talk like I'm some new jack...

that would be me