Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Daps
At this point shut the fukk up and worry bout yaself...how bout that?..

fukk outta here ya spineless faqqit

this is exactly whats wrong with some of you queers .. letting other people dictate your opinion on shiit

weirdo ass fukkboy

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
talekd to a few musicians, they say they ain't enjoying it like that coz its not their kind of music but they still aknowledge the album as the best album of the last few years (quality Wise). They say its nothing less than 10/10even though they're not enjoying it.

Of course not everybody is going to enjoy the same thing, a ltoof people think nas is boring or that prince is the WOAT... A lot of people love this album, and a lot of people don't like it but still give it a perfect score (guess they know music and can put their bias aside)
There's a difference between enjoyment and quality. I keep making this comparison but I don't enjoy the movie 'Schindler's List' because its a depressing movie that hard to sit through, but that doesn't make it any less of a well put together and executed film. The same goes for music, a lot of people keep expecting constant entertainment out of it rather than judging it based on its own merits.

Not a surprise to see this album having ONLY perfect ratings, I just don't see how it would be possible to give it something lower than a 9, even when you know music history
Son im not coming in on some shyt like the album is the WOAT..or its wack..or none of that shyt...I gave Kendrick his props all thru the thread...sayin the shyt is dope...and no I don't think the album is a 9 for a few reasons...what u mean u don't see how it would be possible to give it lower than a 9?..u nikkas gotta be kiddin me wit this shyt...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
fukk outta here ya spineless faqqit

this is exactly whats wrong with some you queers .. letting other people dictate your opinion on shiit

weirdo ass fukkboy
when did I say I let other people's opinions dictate my opinion?..I STILL said I think the album is dope...I didn't say the hype is making me not like it...I said the hype is making me stay away from the shyt...my opinion of the album isn't any lower or higher...meanwhile...on the flip side..half the praise this shyt is getting...is cause of the praise other people are giving it on some follow the leader shyt...and IM the fukkin weirdo?...this whole climate weird as fukk these days wit the follow the leader mentality...that's why the hype is so crazy now...and anyone who says anything other than the shyt is perfect gets attacked...so fukk outta here wit the tuff talk cause I can bet money none of this shyt would be said to my face...but moving on...the album is dope...but nikkas is wildin on the internet...

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
The hype is real, it can effect the experience, I get that, especially if you're younger.

I purposely stayed out of this thread until I had a chance to run thru the album a few times, just to sit with it myself.

And I agree with a lot of y'all, this album to me is like one of them movies that's not really following the familiar presentation, and so you can't help but be confused by out at first. But there's a lot of content and thought and depth to it, and in this ADHD time period, with so much instant gratification, he took a helluva chance with this, but it's worth it. Even the difficult songs to get thru serve their purpose.

It's sounds weird to say, but yeah I think this one of them pieces that isn't built for you to just simply like. It's like saving private Ryan, certain shyt was supposed to be hard to watch, that was a part of the goal of the film, to leave you feeling uneasy at times. I respect him taking then risks, and it's good that people are giving him the credit for doing that, cause it's a huge risk, especially in this genre.