Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
I wonder if he recorded the behind the scenes production for some of these songs. It would be nice to see how they crafted them and what things they changed up or added.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Wow I finally got it :whoo:

I don't mean 'got it' like bought it, but got it like...I get it.

When it dropped on spotify the other day I bumped it and was like "it's aight, few good tracks here and there" :ehh:. But tonight it passed the test. Long day putting in work, came home and relaxed with some loud and wife put on the album. I'm chilling in the room doing random stuff with it in the background and I'm getting that feeling again. The album really flows seamlessly breh. What is it? Like that mood...mood music I guess, no budden. To each his own, but to me this album is really great:mj:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
so in "to pimp a butterfly" analogy the same thing as "the rose that grew from concrete"?

I don't think so at all. The rose that grew from concrete is more like GKMC, being able to overcome a harsh environment and still rise up to become a success. To pimp a butterfly starts off already in the position of success.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's not a conspiracy it's the issue with the early release, it's STILL in the Best Buy RSS (our inventory) as available on the 23rd, and we have a VERY strict policy against breaking street dates for new releases. My store just got our copies in yesterday and we just put them out today our POS system wouldn't even allow it to be rung out until today

I believe that is the reason why Kendrick will have a high 2nd week sales. When Best Buy has it on stock at the street date, I bet you people will flock to it.