Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Not trying to change ur mind or anything...but what about Drake's last album made it better then K. Dot's album. I would really want to know :patrice:

Better beats, better flows, better hooks, I guess u can TPaB is better lyrically ill give it that but does that automatically make it a better album? I personally don't think so....that drake shyt is what I hear ppl bumpin in the street every time I go outside n it's gonna rock until he puts out his next project....there's only a handful of bangers on Kendrick's shyt, the rest ain't movin me sorry

Daps
Better beats, better flows, better hooks, I guess u can TPaB is better lyrically ill give it that but does that automatically make it a better album? I personally don't think so....that drake shyt is what I hear ppl bumpin in the street every time I go outside n it's gonna rock until he puts out his next project....there's only a handful of bangers on Kendrick's shyt, the rest ain't movin me sorry
Typical nikka can only listen to turn up music. #microwavegeneration

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
The more I listen to this album all the way through, the more beautiful it seems. This album gives me the same feeling I got when I first saw Do The Right Thing. Honestly, the nikka Kendrick is the best MC in the game. He has three undeniable albums, two of which are already held in highest regards among the industry and his peers. nikkas just want that nikka to drop a dud so they can say I told you so, but he's just too talented

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Kenny's girl at signing?
CApjdQ2VIAABed-.jpg:large

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You're an Em fan right?

Yep, so is Kendrick. The fukk does that have to do with anything?

I'm saying.... how many more songs are going to get about about his moms, his daughter, Kim, or how he is over-scrutinized by right wingers.

I would much rather hear about the black plight and how to overcome it. I relate to it a little more.

Again, what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

As for "black plight" content it's plenty of albums you could pull and play that I would say is better than this, but that's besides the point. I thought that particular song was meh.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It means that I'm tired of hearing the same bullshyt from him.

:dwillhuh:

Ok....nikka do I look like Paul Rosenberg :laugh:

I have no control over how much em raps about his life or how much dope Jay is still selling. I don't know how we ended up talking about this just because I had a critique of that song.

I'm glad you're enjoying the album.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
:dwillhuh:

Ok....nikka do I look like Paul Rosenberg :laugh:

I have no control over how much em raps about his life or how much dope Jay is still selling. I don't know how we ended up talking about this just because I had a critique of that song.

I'm glad you're enjoying the album.

We ended up talking about it becuz you tried too hard to simplify what the song was about. So i did you favor and simplified Em's entire catalogue. Tell me if I'm lying. :sas2:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
We ended up talking about it becuz you tried too hard to simplify what the song was about. So i did you favor and simplified Em's entire catalogue. Tell me if I'm lying. :sas2:

This is weird fam :laugh: dowatchulike...

Is that not what the song is about? Yes it has other dimensions but It's kinda hard to enjoy the climax when you knew where it was going pretty much from the jump is what i'm saying. Saying it's on par with I gave you power or I used to love H.E.R. don't compute to me, I wasn't that impressed with it.

And don't get it twisted I'm a kendrick fan, I been defending him against any and everybody on this "industry plant" bullshyt in regards to him and I have said that I respect that album as an art piece, I just don't enjoy it.