Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Overrated. Cats making this album out to be Dark Side of The Moon. :camby:

People must be hypnotized by the beats because his lyrical content is nothing memorable. All I hear is his experiences which I couldn't careless about.

Only 3-4 tracks have replay value to me.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh there's a conspiracy to stop this album from getting to people. I'm at my local best buy to buy the album. I'm looking on the selves and don't see it anywhere. I go up to some random cac employee and ask him if he can check if they have a CD in stock. He asks me what CD.
Me: "To pimp a butterfly.
Him: What?:dwillhuh:

Me.:stopitslime:To....pimp.....a....butter...fly

Is that a new release?
Me: yes :francis:

Oh.I see it, it says we have 130 in stock.

So we walk around the store and we can't find it. He goes to the back and still can't find it. Asks some more cacs that work there and they have no idea. I'm sitting here like bruh, I know y'all got it. 10 mins later he comes stock room out of the back telling me it was buried way in the back. Smh

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Kenny's girl at signing?
CApjdQ2VIAABed-.jpg:large
Your sig...:what:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:banderas:

I noticed the Rap Genius is saying he's talking about Compton. Says the kid was throwing around a football like Ricky in Boyz In Tha Hood. But I disagree, I think he went home to Africa in this song and met the boy there. Says he's tossing around a football with ashy ankles...which suggests he's kicking a soccer ball. Kendrick went to South Africa last year, I think that's what he's talking about. Saying we speak the same language but he couldn't understand due to America clouding his mind.

Momma is Africa.
Rap genius actually misunderstood or white washed a lot of the meanings on multiple songs. It's kinda frustrating but was too much to try and correct so I left it alone.

One that made me laugh was on complexion it was like "when slaves and masters had sexual relations" like it was consensual :mjlol: I was like uhh you mean when the slaves were raped?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Rap genius actually misunderstood or white washed a lot of the meanings on multiple songs. It's kinda frustrating but was too much to try and correct so I left it alone.

One that made me laugh was on complexion it was like "when slaves and masters had sexual relations" like it was consensual :mjlol: I was like uhh you mean when the slaves were raped?
:russ:

I know some of them don't mean ill but yooo. :dead:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Better beats, better flows, better hooks, I guess u can TPaB is better lyrically ill give it that but does that automatically make it a better album? I personally don't think so....that drake shyt is what I hear ppl bumpin in the street every time I go outside n it's gonna rock until he puts out his next project....there's only a handful of bangers on Kendrick's shyt, the rest ain't movin me sorry

I guess..some people like apple..other people like oranges..:ehh:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
fukk am I supposed to do when I'm looking at walkin licks?
The constant big money talk about mansions and foreign whips
The private jets and passports, presidential glass floor
Gold bottles, gold models, sniffin' up the ass for
Instagram flicks, suck a dikk, fukk is this?
One more suck away from wavin' flashy wrist
My defense mechanism tell me to get him, quickly because he got it
It's the recession, then why the fukk he in King of Diamonds?
No more livin' poor, meet my four-four
When I see 'em, put the per diem on the floor
Now Kendrick, know they're your co-workers
But it's gon' take a lot for this pistol go cold turkey
Now I can watch his watch on the TV and be okay
But see I'm on the clock once that watch landin' in LA
Remember steal from the rich and givin' it back to the poor?
Well that's me at these awards
I guess my grandmama was warnin' a boy
She said...

:wow: :demonic:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Breh there's a conspiracy to stop this album from getting to people. I'm at my local best buy to buy the album. I'm looking on the selves and don't see it anywhere. I go up to some random cac employee and ask him if he can check if they have a CD in stock. He asks me what CD.

Is that a new release?

So we walk around the store and we can't find it. He goes to the back and still can't find it. Asks some more cacs that work there and they have no idea. I'm sitting here like bruh, I know y'all got it. 10 mins later he comes stock room out of the back telling me it was buried way in the back. Smh

It's not a conspiracy it's the issue with the early release, it's STILL in the Best Buy RSS (our inventory) as available on the 23rd, and we have a VERY strict policy against breaking street dates for new releases. My store just got our copies in yesterday and we just put them out today our POS system wouldn't even allow it to be rung out until today

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

Is that a new release?

Stop it breh, Kendrick not that important breh. U expected that to know the album name breh, this isn't a mj, jays or Beyoncé album

And the album release date was set for next week so I'm sure slot of stores have it sitting in the back

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
It's not a conspiracy it's the issue with the early release, it's STILL in the Best Buy RSS (our inventory) as available on the 23rd, and we have a VERY strict policy against breaking street dates for new releases. My store just got our copies in yesterday and we just put them out today our POS system wouldn't even allow it to be rung out until today
Yea nikkaz go way to far sometimes