I dont see this album having thr replay value of hos other albums doe

thot....

:heh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Heard T&Y for the first time yesterday. It's a cool album, but it got some beats on there that sound like some white boys made them. Definitely not on the level of this soulful masterpiece.

yep its dope. lupe was spitting his ass off but the production is inconsistent. some of it sound like what wayne was rapping over in his rock phase. but on just rapping lupe delivered.

:snoop:

No

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Heard T&Y for the first time yesterday. It's a cool album, but it got some beats on there that sound like some white boys made them. Definitely not on the level of this soulful masterpiece.

80 with 12 reviews vs 95 with 21 reviews. Why would it be better than this masterpiece?:childplease:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every nikkas is a star:banderas: This dikk ain't Free:jawalrus: Somewhere, OutKast/Mos Def/Saul Williams:myman: smile like proud Dads:obama: King Kunta tap into my inner WC-walk:stylin: Doggfather flowin over Institutionalized:noah: Production's a throwback to 90s Hip-Hop:blessed:, where GFunk and BoomBap made the cypher complete:ahh: And, our Jazz/Soul Music/Old-school Artists:salute: were still ingrained in the game:to: These Walls and u Dualities:lupe: From Compton to Congress, Set Trippin' all around:krs: Ya 6 God's a button away from being Canada Dry:sas2: Been A-1 since Day-1 you nikkas boo boo:umad: Lucy's:devil: gonna have a tough time corrupting the GAWD:demonic: Rapsody :cook: so her Jamala Squad could :eat: on a larger scale:feedme: Blacker The Blacker the Berry makes better sense:leon:, in its seamless context:whew: i, live version, tho:whoo: Wasn't expecting it to be Thrilleresque:mj::dj2: KDot:boss: you better school these young N-E-G-U-S:gladbron: on their BLACKEXCELLENCE ROOTS:youngsabo: Mortal's Man run-down of our slain GOATS:damn: When shyt hits the fan, is you still a fan:lawd: Already knew I'd hear :pachaha:, but still wasn't prepare for The GOAT:mjcry: to rip my Soul Apart:dead: 19 years later, since his demise:ohlawd: "Once you turn 30 it's like they take the heart and soul out of a man":ooh: Some of the realist shyt a 31-year-old has heard:mindblown: How could HE speak accurately on our current plight:ohhh: "We just letting our dead homies:rip: tell stories for us":deadrose: Then, HE floats back to the pillars of Thug Manson:sadcam: To Pimp a Butterfly lived up to my expectations:bow::bow::bow:, and rendered me speechless:wow:

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Metacritic bro? Really?
:snoop:

Everytime a nikka cites Metacritic... :skip:

Don't know why people act like metacritic isn't reputable. metacritic score is an average of all the critics reviews. Mosta time metacritic score does reflect the quality of an album.

It's kinda like if all the homies gave a review on a bytch. If everyone is saying the p*ssy is good, then it must be good :yeshrug:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm not sure why we're still comparing T&Y to this album

TPAB, like FHD is the "Black Experience in America for Dummies and Whites"

meanwhile T&Y actually gets in depth with real issues

but I'ma let ya'll cook :sas2:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure why we're still comparing T&Y to this album

TPAB, like FHD is the "Black Experience in America for Dummies and Whites"

meanwhile T&Y actually gets in depth with real issues

but I'ma let ya'll cook :sas2:

right Stephen A.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Don't become like the Kanye stans breh.

The same people who cited hipster media outlets to force feed us these rave reviews hailing My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as one of the greatest rap albums of all time.
Don't know why people act like metacritic isn't reputable. metacritic score is an average of all the critics reviews. Mosta time metacritic score does reflect the quality of an album.

It's kinda like if all the homies gave a review on a bytch. If everyone is saying the p*ssy is good, then it must be good :yeshrug:
A lot of these reviews go off of hype. Yes, you can tell that an album is going to be good if it gets positive reviews from all around but then it gets to the point where the credit gets a little extra. Then hyperbole spreads, "most critically acclaimed album of all-time = GOAT album :snoop:", false claims are made like "Kendrick is the first rapper to do a jazz/funk influenced album since the 90's" :pachaha:. The praise just gets wrapped up in a lot of bullshyt instead of just appreciation