HotNewHipHop - 97/100

Exclaim - 9/10

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Do you listen to The Roots? Foreign Exchange? Robert Glasper? Any modern black adult R&B, jazz, or fusion?

No?

OK.

Thought so.

This shyt has sounded like the last 10 years of adult contemporary music....but most of you haven't even listened to stuff like this before.
i dont know why im addressing this but

he probably just outsold all of their recent music in one haphazard release week. thats why its a big deal. he just brought all their sounds that have been being ignored to the mainstream.

the entire album was a risk since people expected GKMC pt 2 and got a funk/neosoul/jazz album. no other prominent rapper would do that, including your hero aubrey

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, I shouldn't have to let an album grow on me or give it 5+ spins to really judge it or like it. If someone puts some shyt food in front of me, I'm not going to eat half the damn meal before I decide its garbage. The album was decent after two listens (the second with headphones), but it wasnt soul shattering or anything like that. I just hope the same people telling others how to listen to it do the same with other rappers they don't fukk with. It'll be interesting to see how many of these same people will be calling Drake or kanye album garbage after one listen.

And :mjlol: @ someone being a c00n or a cac just because they don't like this.

:heh: @ someones ability to understand music being called into question because they think its garbage.

When did rap snobs become a thing? These dudes are just as pretentious and obnoxious as the dude they idol
Beer.

shyts awful the first time but gets better and better each time.

Sit down fukkboy

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Kendrick likes to have these little characters in his albums(since its a story) "Sherena" or whatever her name was, was the character centered in GKMC. Now its Lucy(Devil). Like I said Lucy wants Kendrick to adopt to consumerism like these other rappers and rap about the same cliche shyt like money, cars and all that other crap. Fighting against consumerism is one of the main themes of this album. Lucy basically is the antagonist trying to corrupt Kendrick and make him sell out. This is why I LOVE "For Sale?" Because it tells us Kendrick wont be selling out(for a while now).

Show my mother the song and she liked it.
yeah that is dope

i :pachaha: when lucy is like she heard the prayers on the other album but she dont mind

and :lupe: when she says she's at all the functions :demonic:

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
Kendrick likes to have these little characters in his albums(since its a story) "Sherena" or whatever her name was, was the character centered in GKMC. Now its Lucy(Devil). Like I said Lucy wants Kendrick to adopt to consumerism like these other rappers and rap about the same cliche shyt like money, cars and all that other crap. Fighting against consumerism is one of the main themes of this album. Lucy basically is the antagonist trying to corrupt Kendrick and make him sell out. This is why I LOVE "For Sale?" Because it tells us Kendrick wont be selling out(for a while now).

Show my mother the song and she liked it.
na I got the whole different voices thing, I just figured it was one of his homies talking

"If you scared go to church, but he knows the bible too" he being a referenced to Lucifer

most of the themes, references, and symbols I've gotten so far but theres a lot of detail

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not feeling it(in the context of the album). Like i said it is probably b/c I have listen to the CDQ version so many times. :yeshrug:
i really wish he woulda finished the song :upsetfavre: but those fukk nikkas ( dont even ask me how :wow: ) had to go and ruin it for everybody
W92XDSG.png

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
yeah that is dope

i :pachaha: when lucy is like she heard the prayers on the other album but she dont mind

and :lupe: when she says she's at all the functions :demonic:

I :lupe: when the devil says he knows the bible too. The song is just flat out creepy because it has an innocent/calm surface, but sinister underneath.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
na I got the whole different voices thing, I just figured it was one of his homies talking

"If you scared go to church, but he knows the bible too" he being a referenced to Lucifer

most of the themes, references, and symbols I've gotten so far but theres a lot of detail

Yeah that's the devil, the bolded.

And agreed that there's alot of details.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Yea Kendrick retire from your job after like 4 years

Bruh no rapper retires, certainly not in they prime

true true

I know...I know. Rappers never truly retire....they always comeback but what I'm actually saying is that he could take a long hiatus away from music and just chill, enjoy life, start a family, etc...what he ever wants to do. I'm sure he's well off fiancially. Kendrick could pull a Lauren Hill/D'Angelo and just return whenever he feels like it. He's reached that plateau...His fans still gonna be there to support him no matter what.

But I think he loves the artform way too much to do that but we'll see.

Last edited: