Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Went ahead and copped through the Google Music. Can't front this shyt is dope and that's coming from someone who didn't really like GKMC. Kdot may have made a fan out of me with this one :salute:

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
I can't stop listening to How Much A Dollar Cost.

shyt is speaking to me. :to:

a nikka catch the chills right before before ron isley blesses the record :wow: :wow:
never fails :wow:
Thought it was only me. When K-Dot say "I Am God" and Mr. BIGGS come in with the finisher, I stay getting the chills.

One of the best songs in recent memory

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really wish he woulda finished the song :upsetfavre: but those fukk nikkas ( dont even ask me how :wow: ) had to go and ruin it for everybody
W92XDSG.png

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I SAID THEY TREAT ME LIKE A SLAVE, CUZ ME BLACK
WHOA WE FEEL A WHOLE HEAP OF PAIN CUZ WE BLACK
AND MAN A SAY THEY PUT ME INNA CHAINS, CUZ WE BLACK
IMAGINE NOW, BIG GOLD CHAINS FULLA ROCKS!
HOW YOU NO SEE THE WHIP, LEFT SCARS' PON ME BACK
BUT NOW WE HAVE A BIG WHIP PARKED PON' THE BLOCK
ALL THEM SAY WE DOOMED FROM THE START, CUZ WE BLACK
REMEMBER THIS...EVERY RACE START FROM THE BLACK, REMEMBER THAT ! :blessed:

article-2218025-1584BC80000005DC-386_306x351.jpg

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I SAID THEY TREAT ME LIKE A SLAVE, CUZ ME BLACK
WHOA WE FEEL A WHOLE HEAP OF PAIN CUZ WE BLACK
AND MAN A SAY THEY PUT ME INNA CHAINS, CUZ WE BLACK
IMAGINE NOW, BIG GOLD CHAINS FULLA ROCKS!
HOW YOU NO SEE THE WHIP, LEFT SCARS' PON ME BACK
BUT NOW WE HAVE A BIG WHIP PARKED PON' THE BLOCK
ALL THEM SAY WE DOOMED FROM THE START, CUZ WE BLACK
REMEMBER THIS...EVERY RACE START FROM THE BLACK, REMEMBER THAT ! :blessed:

article-2218025-1584BC80000005DC-386_306x351.jpg
:wow:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I like a lot of the tracks on the albums,except "i", "u", "King Kunta", "Institutionalized", "Hood Politics", and "Blacker the Berry". Those have not grown on me yet, but I'm also not gonna force myself to keep listening to "force" myself to like them. Wouldn't do that for any artist.

Wouldn't say it's holistically better than GKMC right now. The story and thought process are definitely more "passionate" and complicated on TPAB to me, but GKMC has a way better overall flow to it, imo. TPAB has good music though.

Exactly. So all this Drake vs. Kendrick shyt can die. EVEN if Drake was being half-way about it (which, honestly, I guess we'll never know).. eventually holding onto something as small as the Control verse for so many years would just make you look stupid. Especially considering it was all love on Kendrick's end. That shyt needs to be posted in every Drake vs Kendrick thread. Case closed.
I honestly hate that people still compare the two. They clearly occupy two different lanes of rap; neither being "better" than the other, but just best at what they choose to focus their energy on. If Kendrick decides to start making party songs, that doesn't mean he's not a good rapper. If Drake goes back to his old ways or raps about a different subject, that doesn't make him the best rapper.

And it really does a disservice to all the great strides hip-hop has made in so many lanes and the history of hip-hop as well (something that did start largely as a party genre). I can't picture the game without Jay or Nas even though they make very 2 different types, but very influential music. Jay has taken hip-hop places Nas could never, but Nas' subject matter shyts on Jay's. Both are needed.

People need to stop using the two as some sort of flex/credit to their rap taste. It's music. Enjoy it. Both are 100 at what they do and will do great and different things with the genre.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Listening to some old Outkast songs and for the people who say Kendrick flow is similar to theirs can yall mind elaborating because I dont see shyt how their similar. Especially 2PAB. I see ZERO Outkast influence. So where the heck does this Outkast myth come from?