Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
I'm not gonna lie this probably the best album I ever heard in my life.. I don't even fukk wit this dude music like that, but this shyt some next level shyt..

This got to make all these rappers step they shyt up and make real music.. nikkaz gonna be playing this album 100 years later.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
full of fake struggles, simp tendencies, radio friendly, pop shyt trying my best to still sound hood to sell records and to create a couple new hashtags for the gram and twitter...all while not growing as an artist or pushing the genre forward....
So what do you call this album?

Superstar
Daps
Taz is dope. Used to be in the group, Sa-Ra, they had some ill production

Also glad he got Knxwledge on here

Yeah I've heard of that group before and some of their songs, just very out of the blue that he would appear as a producer for this album, since all he's been doing these last years is stitch his logo on the side of vintage caps

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That doesn't even make sense, risks is all he took with this album.
Never heard anything close to sounding like this except the best song of course (The blacker the berry), which was a bit more standard.
Do you listen to The Roots? Foreign Exchange? Robert Glasper? Any modern black adult R&B, jazz, or fusion?

No?

OK.

Thought so.

This shyt has sounded like the last 10 years of adult contemporary music....but most of you haven't even listened to stuff like this before.

Daps
Do you listen to The Roots? Foreign Exchange? Robert Glasper? Any modern black adult R&B, jazz, or fusion?

No?

OK.

Thought so.

This shyt has sounded like the last 10 years of adult contemporary music....but most of you haven't even listened to stuff like this before.

Stop fukkin sayin this shiit faqqit..this sounds NOTHING like those artists you mentioned...the two interludes got jazz influence..the rest does not.

it's like saying your boyfriend Drake sounds like Lil Wayne

Last edited:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

No?

OK.

Thought so.

But he took 20x the risks Drake has taken in the last 5 years so what we saying

Its a risk to venture out as an artist and attempt to create your own take on all these different genres and fuse them with deep strong poetry

Drake has never ever made a riskier record than Kdot

Ever

Stop it nikka

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not gonna lie this probably the best album I ever heard in my life.. I don't even fukk wit this dude music like that, but this shyt some next level shyt..

This got to make all these rappers step they shyt up and make real music.. nikkaz gonna be playing this album 100 years later.
this shyt gets better and better. no skippable tracks. even when not thinking about what he is saying, just vibin to the music alone is crazy.

back to back classics. k/ dot did what a lot of cats couldn't.