Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

okocharuud

<<<<<<OG Member >>>>>PS5- Pattricckk
Daps
Reppin
:mjpls:
Hope this album give Terrace Martin & Thundercat their shine.....too many trap beats be taking their shine away but this is music for the soul not to turn up to

The homie Sounwave aswelll who Dr Dre called a "Young Lion" made a masterpiece with this album

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
It's funny that a lot of the people hating on the album are just like the nyggas in the crowd hating during the "live" version of I.

Kendrick: :why:I'm doing this for ya'll, come on, ya'll gotta listen to what I'm trying to say

Crowd/haters: :camby:we ain't tryna hear that bullshyt nygga
"Put on some Gucci nikka!:blessed:"

:beli:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's funny that a lot of the people hating on the album are just like the nyggas in the crowd hating during the "live" version of I.

Kendrick: :why:I'm doing this for ya'll, come on, ya'll gotta listen to what I'm trying to say

Crowd/haters: :camby:we ain't tryna hear that bullshyt nygga
"Put on some Gucci nikka!:blessed:"

:beli:

I hope ya'll don't think that was at all re-

Nevermind :snoop:

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I'm still digesting the lyrics and living with the album, but I love it so far. It reminds me of Black on Both Sides and Aquemini/Stankonia, among others. I'm glad Kendrick is introducing younger hip hop fans to that sound and this type of artistry.

I don't get the desire a lot of fans have to make everyone more like Drake/Wayne/Rick Ross. Not everything needs to be statement songs, for the club, and for the whip. There's clearly a desire for Kendrick's type of hip hop and there's always room for it. Think about how diverse 1998 was: Outkast, Lauryn Hill, Big Pun, DMX, Jay-Z, Juvenile, Black Star, Beastie Boys, etc. Hopefully we're trending back toward that in the mainstream.