Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
after days of playing the album i have to say, as great a piece of work i think it is, i don't see myself listening to that often.
will end up being a now and again album...a sunday album.

even the strongest records on here i don't feel the need to go and pick one out and put it on repeat....i enjoy them more in the album setting.
its the gift and a curse of the album.

its not an album or mixtape i'm going to batter through for a few weeks and then its bushes status.. its an album i enjoy from start to finish (even with its tiny missteps) and when i do play it once in a blue moon i'll probably enjoy it as much as i did the first time i heard it.

Exactly how I feel about it although I must've played How Much A Dollar Cost 10 times in a row.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember one time at White Castle, this bum came up to my window while I was in the drive through asking for money for some food.

I didn't have change to give him, but I told him that once I pay for the food I'll give him the change. I get the food, give dude the change, as I'm driving off I see the guy grab the door to walk inside, but the further I get from the parking lot I see him close the door and just walk away from the place

:mjcry:

My relationship with the homeless been different since that day. That How Much a Dollar Cost reminded me of that day :laugh:

I think I'll just give em food now
:francis:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I remember one time at White Castle, this bum came up to my window while I was in the drive through asking for money for some food.

I didn't have change to give him, but I told him that once I pay for the food I'll give him the change. I get the food, give dude the change, as I'm driving off I see the guy grab the door to walk inside, but the further I get from the parking lot I see him close the door and just walk away from the place

My relationship with the homeless been different since that day. That How Much a Dollar Cost reminded me of that day :laugh:

If I give a bum some money I make sure to look em in the eye and tell em to buy food even if I feel like they're gonna head straight to the liquor store.

Daps
The production and soundscape on this whole thing is beautiful. Shame we got a goddamn gremlin warbling over the whole project.
One of my PPs with him too, but the fact since I was blown away by this album it isn't so hard to digest now.

I think this album has made me a fan.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO

Maybe the white castle smell made him go :beli:
And he went to burger kang instead :russ:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
tumblr_mlkph4wJee1qlkt4ho1_400.gif

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
shyt don't change, until you...get up and wash yo ayssssss, nigguhh...
full

shyt don't change, until you...get up and wash yo ayssssss...........
boiiiiiiiiiiii :damn::ufdup:

Bilal is :wow: Ain't been checkin for him for years, last thing I really heard him on was "Failthful" by Common and "Fallin'" by Jay, but damn if this nikka doesn't got a criminally underappreciated voice. So much soul brehs, :mjcry: And the way he manipulated his voice for the song makes it even more :wow: worthy. This is truly an incredible album, man...The whole "atmosphere" of the shyt can literally pick you up and take you somewhere completely different, like a good ass, immersive movie or book, just like GKMC. Son has a knack for crafting these types of projects. And to still be as cohesive as it is, with an overall message, without sacrificing lyricism or production is absolutely incredible. Real talk, this album is a mixture of:

OutKast/Solquarians soulfulness and subject matter...Tupac's balance of street credibility and a desire to uplift Blacks as a community...and Kanye's (MBDTF) creativity & ability to pull together artists and musicians to use as cogs in a larger picture. When you think about how much WORK went into this album (for fukks sake, GEORGE CLINTON, Pete Rock, Thundercat, Snoop, Dre, Pac, the Isleys, countless others)...The samples, interpolations, publishing that had to be cleared, royalties that'll be paid out to these iconic, timeless BLACK artists and musicians...It's fukkin unreal. As much as I'm blown away by the album and the music itself, I'm equally blown away by the collaborative genius that it took to put it together.

I'm literally :mindblown: every time I listen to this shyt...

You write the fukking best reviews man I swear the coli needs to feature you .

The obarth of music :mjcry: I always look forward to your thoughts after something drops .

I wish the coli would feature you on the main page @cook @Brooklynzson

Last edited: