Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
You, and I,were in the minority. Back in the early 00s when everyone was talking about being in the streets, cats were like :skip: @ socially conscious tracks. They (Hov stans, bytches,media outlets) even went at Nas for being "too preachy" after he bodied Jigga for being on his grown man shyt with "God's Son."

Kendrick, thankfully, dropped a future classic and he will finally undo all the damage that started in the 90s that corrupted the black youth. Like you said, we need more young MCs that are aggressive with the positive messages.

you had to have been a fraud to not fukk with this

"Niggas Against Society, Noisily (I) Aim (not) Silently, Noose All Surrounding (me).." :wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I've actually been listening to a lot of Jazz lately in the weeks leading up to this album and I ain't bumpin Ross, Drake or Gucci :manny:

I've actually been feeling conflicted with rap as of late with all of this shyt happening in Ferguson and nikkas getting murdered left and right, so much that I really haven't been able to listen to shyt like I have in the past because it just don't connect with me anymore. And I started to delve deep into more conscious, soulful and jazzy music to fit my vibe. That's why I'm so grateful for this album because it came at a time where I really needed it.:mjcry:Along with making my own shyt, It's crazy how much my musical taste is developing at only age 22. :wow:

If you were listening to the radio, you would think that black folk were on Cloud 9 with society and partying it up 24/7. Kendrick is making yall lost ones swallow that pill to see how shyt really is. :myman:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
you had to have been a fraud to not fukk with this

"Niggas Against Society, Noisily (I) Aim (not) Silently, Noose All Surrounding (me).." :wow:

God Son was near classic. :wow:

A lot of people got caught up in that flashy street shyt of the early 00s and almost forgot about that gem. Now, with the quality and quantity of the club hits diminishing and on top of racism being in our faces like never before, Kendrick is forcing the rap game to step up, or get shytted on in the process.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
That damn sax on Mortal Man literally makes me hit the
tumblr_n5lxzrR5rt1tvlsaeo1_400.gif

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
God Son was near classic. :wow:

A lot of people got caught up in that flashy street shyt of the early 00s and almost forgot about that gem. Now, with the quality and quantity of the club hits diminishing and on top of racism being in our faces like never before, Kendrick is forcing the rap game to step up, or get shytted on in the process.

Jay Electronica is gonna miss the boat if he doesn't drop this year breh

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Jay Electronica is gonna miss the boat if he doesn't drop this year breh

You right. He gotta see this opportunity and take full advantage of the current scene actually having an opening of non-808s and catchy hook MCs. That was unheard of since the days of 50 Cent's come up in 2002.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
People brains so doped up on trap music and trinket rap cant appreciate good hiphop. Its cool itll sell well which means people will hear it. Itll get the acclaim it deserves. Btw itunes sold out

Trap music is drugs to the masses. They can't appreciate other forms of black music, historically. King Kendrick saved the masses. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
You, and I,were in the minority. Back in the early 00s when everyone was talking about being in the streets, cats were like :skip: @ socially conscious tracks. They (Hov stans, bytches,media outlets) even went at Nas for being "too preachy" after he bodied Jigga for being on his grown man shyt with "God's Son."

Kendrick, thankfully, dropped a future classic and he will finally undo all the damage that started in the 90s that corrupted the black youth. Like you said, we need more young MCs that are aggressive with the positive messages.

89-94 was the height of concious rap
Ice Cube was the king for most of that time

"pretty soon hip hop wont be so nice..no ice cubes just vanilla ice" - :ohhh:

'95 after the FUGEES album dropped shyt changed
"Thats when I realized Im bumping too much Biggie Smalls" -
:whoo:

Big became so commercial he spawned a wave of fake blinging and shyt that took over for the ten years after that and I blame Puff more than BIG for that

"yo everybody wear the mask but how long will it last" :mjpls:

Last edited:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
89-94 was the height of concious rap
Ice Cube was the king for most of that time

"pretty soon hip hop wont be so nice..no ice cubes just vanilla ice" - :ohhh:

'95 after the Roots album dropped shyt changed
"Thats when I realized Im bumping too much Biggie Smalls" -
:whoo:
"yo everybody wear the mask but how long will it last" :mjpls:

Thank God we survived the superthug/flashy/ignant 808s era to finally see Kendrick Lamar rise to grab the throne :whew:

There is hope for the youth yet.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
if after this, yall can't see the clear distance between him and Drizzy, I have no hope for you all.

I'm not even doing Drake vs Kendrick arguments anymore. This just said all anyone will ever need to.

This is Kendricks time man. He just has it.

I've only listened once, but I was amazed. As anyone with functioning ears should be.

Peace.

Kendrick been on a league of his own since he dropped Untitled back in December. Drake knew that and he dropped his mixtape as soon as he can before the Kendrick Renaissance came through :lolbron: