Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Then the next track leads into King Kunta and how Kendrick reminiscence how he was that nikka after GKMC :banderas:

oh, and on Wesley's Theory last verse was "Uncle Sam" rapping then at the end with Anna Wise singing Tax Man coming getting louder and louder

Surprised y'all didn't catch that off rip, probably because of the busy instrumentals, but I think I'm used to that.

Wesley's Theory is pretty much the story of how every up and coming black dude think he's gonna stunt when he make it big. But Uncle Sam wants him to think that so he can put him in jail for overspending/tax fraud. When he said "I'll wesley snipe your ass before 35" he's referring to how wesley got locked up for tax fraud.

idk where the theory part comes into play tho

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Many people who aren't feelin this album don't know "how" to listen to it. If you are expecting to hear GKMC, then you are mistaken. You really have to sit down with this album and soak it in. It has so many gems in it. It definitely tells a story. I've only listened to the album one full time all the way thru without skippin a track.

So im still grading and critiquing it as we speak. Pretty solid so far tho. This ain't the album for cats wanting to "turn up" and shyt. Kendrick went in with this 1

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
it's a shame with the rise of kendrick, dudes like mos def and talib coulda been eating so well with this return of conscious rap. especially mos. dude had the flow, the image, and the lyrics. kendrick birthed a new golden age all by himself.

Damn shame that Talib, Mos, Common were in their lyrical primes when commercial rap was at its height (early 00s) and people moved as far away from black power music in that time period. That was when the Dave Chappelle show came out and made fun of commercial rap for the shyt it was.

Glad that Kendrick is coming out and not afraid of criticism and putting his all in his music. He can kill off the "turnt up" strip club era if he wants to at this point.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:

:banderas:

Kendrick is inspiring sonnings of fans of Drake.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Damn shame that Talib, Mos, Common were in their lyrical primes when commercial rap was at its height (early 00s) and people moved as far away from black power music in that time period. That was when the Dave Chappelle show came out and made fun of commercial rap for the shyt it was.

Glad that Kendrick is coming out and not afraid of criticism and putting his all in his music. He can kill off the "turnt up" strip club era if he wants to at this point.
nah he needs one or two big name guys to go all the way in that direction.

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
Many people who aren't feelin this album don't know "how" to listen to it. If you are expecting to hear GKMC, then are mistaken. You really have to sit down with this album and soak it in. It has so many gems in it. It definitely tells a story. I've only listened to the album one full time all the way thru without skippin a track.

So im still grading and critiquing it as we speak. Pretty solid so far tho. This ain't the album for cats wanting to "turn up" and shyt. Kendrick went in with this 1

I still don't think people understood GKMC

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Many people who aren't feelin this album don't know "how" to listen to it. If you are expecting to hear GKMC, then are mistaken. You really have to sit down with this album and soak it in. It has so many gems in it. It definitely tells a story. I've only listened to the album one full time all the way thru without skippin a track.

True shyt, I originally rated this a 8 out of 10 but now I'm thinking this shyt is at least a 9 :patrice::whoo: In time, I may see it as a classic

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
The Black Messiah album and now this? ...:wow:

This does feel like the companion piece to the Black Messiah Album. Even down to the covers

dangelo-black-messiah-album-cover.jpeg

kendrick-lamar-to-pimp-a-butterfly-album-cover-636-636.jpg

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps

Not I young brother. :ahh:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Not I young brother. :ahh:

You, and I,were in the minority. Back in the early 00s when everyone was talking about being in the streets, cats were like :skip: @ socially conscious tracks. They (Hov stans, bytches,media outlets) even went at Nas for being "too preachy" after he bodied Jigga for being on his grown man shyt with "God's Son."

Kendrick, thankfully, dropped a future classic and he will finally undo all the damage that started in the 90s that corrupted the black youth. Like you said, we need more young MCs that are aggressive with the positive messages.