Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man this album.. :wow:

my advice to yall the other day to listen to it properly in the daytime because we might have not been able to fully appreciate it at those late hours was on point....because its getting even better and better to listen too...

"Mortal Man" is a classic song.

Why Why Why didnt he add on "Untitled"/"We Dont Die", could have made it the opening track.

i cant wait for the upcoming interviews with him about this album...especially breakfast club

@ModernFonzie you were most likely onto something with what you said before. Not even using hyperbole or anything but this is one of those albums that are gonna age well....guys always say we should let time past by before we say certain things about albums but just off that one song Mortal Man I can tell this album is gonna be a standout people look at decades from now...

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmWp.gif

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
How Much A Dollar Cost is so good it has me tearing..:mjcry:

This album is so smooth, dark, gritty and "bluesy". No wonder "I" was put in it to balance it out.

If I were Kendrick I would've been like "Here God, take the dollar... Please don't put me in hell. :whoa: You know I'm a good man."

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps

my advice to yall the other day to listen to it properly in the daytime because we might have not been able to fully appreciate it at those late hours was on point....because its getting even better and better to listen too...

Why Why Why didnt he add on "Untitled"/"We Dont Die", could have made it the opening track.

i cant wait for the upcoming interviews with him about this album...especially breakfast club

@ModernFonzie you were most likely onto something with what you said before. Not even using hyperbole or anything but this is one of those albums that are gonna age well....guys always say we should let time past by before we say certain things about albums but just off that one song Mortal Man I can tell this album is gonna be a standout people look at decades from now...
Told you breh. I wasn't even fronting on tryna hype it up. This is an Important project. Hip hop needed this. He needs to be the guy leading. I don't think any of his contemporaries are capable of putting out an album like this. Honestly.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

i think it just came down to not fitting in with the story/metaphor/ concept he was trying to tell. it couldn't have been a sample issue or anything. there's probably a bunch of left overs that didn't completely gel with the final concept as a whole