44 bricks...acre shaker
kendrick-lamar-i-mtv-7-1415134584.gif

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
this should all be obvious: but this is not a commercial album

gkmd was a concept album that happened to have mainstream hits. based off the story/concept it lent itself to that type of production and tone

he threw that shyt out the window and went total art house with this one

anyone expecting another gkmd :pachaha:

this def needs multiple listens and analysis to fully appreciate it :obama:

i feel its already 10x improvement over gkmd... for lack of a better term, this one is much deeper and covers a lot more ideas

:salute:kendrick

also... after listening to the album several times now, "i" makes perfect sense... as a stand alone song i can see why itd be polarizing... but its like a reading a random chapter in the middle of a novel if you just base it on its very own

I'm not sure, but besides it being live, the song sounds different than I remember it. I didn't like it much at all when it dropped so I didn't listen to it much. But the one on the album sounds pretty dope, so I'm thinking "this shyt gotta be a bit different than the original".:patrice:

P.S. After about 7 - 8 spins, I'm starting to flat out love this album. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy this album after the 1st couple spins, but now it just sounds so damn dope. Just a great experience.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
What's the problem Mowgli? There's no need for this attitude breh

Because if I really wanted to get at you, I'd say, "how are you calling anybody a clown when you talk down on black women/relationships while laid up with your asian wife because you struck out with black chicks" and talk about how that's the epitome of cornball nikka behavior

But I didn't say anything of the sort because i'm a nice guy :francis:

:huhldup:

about-to-go-down.gif

A lot of his peers seem to love this album but how let's see what Mr. Aubrey has to say.:lupe:

:trollHHH: :trollHHH: :trollHHH:

He's not gonna admit to shyt lol. He was the one who got the most pissed at the Control shyt and hasn't fukked with him since. And then said nobody's gonna wanna work with him. So for him to say something... he'd either have to be over the shyt and let bygones be bygones, or just balls up and give it props.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Hood politics beat is that straight west coast g funk :ohlawd:

I'd wish every beat in detox to have that vibe and also of king Kunta

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
A Ye stan acknowledging MBDTF inferiority!!!!!!??? :damn:

I sort of have to. I mean I love MBDTF. I been fukking with Ye since I was 9 and TCD was the first album I ever bought. but conceptually and lyricism wise, this is another level :scust:

Add to the fact that this is literally just him for the most part. MBDTF was loaded with features. That made sense, don't get me wrong. But Kendrick has so many flows, voice tones, tempo changes and ability that sometimes it feels like it's featuring someone else even though it's him. :mindblown: I don't even understand that shyt. I don't even know if that makes sense :beli: but it's what I hear when I hear him.

We might really have a gem in Kendrick. I'm only 20 so obviously I ain't see Pac, but ima get to,see Kendrick, and that might be enough :francis:

This project is fukking insane. fukkinng

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's legitimately hard to go back to other shyt after this. This is better than MBDTF. and I'm saying that as a Ye Stan. This is scary good.
Musically this may be my favorite album since Late Registration. And yeah this is topping MBDTF. And that's been my favorite album for years.

I don't think you can really appreciate this shyt until you sit down and go through the lyrics.