Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
After multiple spins, I can't give this album anything less than a 8.5 out of 10

The beginning is a bit scattered IMO, and could have been better but I love how the album wraps up. My only complaint with the last 6 to 7 songs on this is how he cuts "i" off mid song. The last verse and the last bridge of that song are my favorite parts of that song. nikka was rapping his ass off, but then on the album he stops it to insert a skit and end it on a preachy note.

Great album overall though and I'll cop.
Album is a 9/10 for me

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
gTYvVuN.jpg

Ffv8q2D.png

cdc768cb68c2c153bbccb45cb2731b0a.png

Vh6MOMG.png

0c09cQk.png

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What's the problem Mowgli? There's no need for this attitude breh

Because if I really wanted to get at you, I'd say, "how are you calling anybody a clown when you talk down on black women/relationships while laid up with your asian wife because you struck out with black chicks" and talk about how that's the epitome of cornball nikka behavior

But I didn't say anything of the sort because i'm a nice guy :francis:
More bytch behavior. Keeping shyt on your heart like a hoe. I dont harbor feelings, because thats what bytches do :manny:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
U is really a beautiful track the more I listen to it. I know people can get annoyed by his voice, but in the context of the song, it doesn't bother me at all :manny:

Then when I listen to "Alright". That shyt sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than anything that things will be alright. Doesn't seem as much of a positive track as I initially thought when you think about what "u" is about and how soon this comes after it. May be reaching on this one. But it seems like he's in denial about his depression.

Last edited: