Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
on "hood politics" when he talked about him basically pulling a snoop dog and crushing the buildings and him being this era snoop where he could push the button and have the entire westcoast riding on whoever is :mjcry: and then him ending it off with talking to hov saying "it crazy how one verse could fukk up the game"

man he just past jcole has my favorite rapper, this album is just :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:yeshrug: common just kinda wack yo

:mjcry: this the type of nikka pac was talking about in "mortal man" when the last time u seen a 30 year old ready to fight? america has stole the soul from homie

Nah. 30 year olds realized that fighting isn't pointing fingers and screaming about descrimination from the man.

The real fight is fought in the mind of society.

Being 30 is realizing that arguing about "black on black" crime is totaly missing the point. The mere idea of black on black crime being a thing that's recognized is what we should be fighting.

I've realized that I can do more for black people in America by raising a happy,
healthy, informed family, then I could by raising a first.

I'm fighting every day breh.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
drank a ton and smoked some dabs and gave this a second thorough go around and much doper than my initial thoughts. Really loving Momma and How Much a Dollar Costs. OTOH, some abject stannery in this thread. As I mentioned reminds me heavily of the Roots album, Black Messiah, and Electric Circus, as a few other posters have mentioned, and we have posters here caping like crazy for this record who in the past probably shytted on the Common record for not being LWFC so the brand-newism is prolly getting overblown like the thread here when 20/20 dropped. On the whole this record is good for hip-hop.

:snoop: dude stay tryna make up reason while certain nikkaz dont get liked, common just aint that good of a artist bro, and that album was sloppy and trash

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:snoop: dude stay tryna make up reason while certain nikkaz dont get liked, common just aint that good of a artist bro, and that album was sloppy and trash

Breh I didn't say Electric Circus wasn't sloppy. Compared to LWFC it def was a step down but its got some tracks on there. You can clearly see the same types of sounds on there as you hear on the Kendrick album. Keep hating on hip-hop legends :camby:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah. 30 year olds realized that fighting isn't pointing fingers and screaming about descrimination from the man.

The real fight is fought in the mind of society.

Being 30 is realizing that arguing about "black on black" crime is totaly missing the point. The mere idea of black on black crime being a thing that's recognized is what we should be fighting.

I've realized that I can do more for black people in America by raising a happy,
healthy, informed family, then I could by raising a first.

I'm fighting every day breh.
:ld: yea and if the people of the civil rights movement felt like that we would still have white only fountains

:patrice: at some people u need to fight fire wit fire, cause without some fear they will treat u anyway

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Breh I didn't say Electric Circus wasn't sloppy. Compared to LWFC it def was a step down but its got some tracks on there. You can clearly see the same types of sounds on there as you hear on the Kendrick album. Keep hating on hip-hop legends :camby:
:camby: and thats another thing, everybody cant be a legend or the word has no meaning, fukk outta here

come is a good artist, and lets leave it there, on a scale of 10 has a hip hop artist he is a 6.5 with dudes like big, pac, nas, jay, rakim, kane, face, kast being 9/10s

everybody cant be a legend

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ld: yea and if the people of the civil rights movement felt like that we would still have white only fountains

:patrice: at some people u need to fight fire wit fire, cause without some fear they will treat u anyway

Different times. The fight was physical and in your face then, so the response needed to be.

Now the fight is more mental. They pretend the oppression doesn't exist so asking them to stop it isn't getting us anywhere.

And that's not to say I'm against protest. I went to some of the demonstrations here in cleveland. I'm just saying as you get older you learn where to concentrate your vigor.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Last album was trash.

The last album he did with all no I'd production was incredibly dissapointing.

His flow and wordplay is gone.

It's a wrap for the comster
I ain't like last year's album but The Dreamer/Believer album is straight fire.