Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Are you joking? Are you 16? Biggie sampled this for Warning, Jay-Z samples main melody for Can I Live, a did Ludacris for one of his intros.
Correction Luda sampled Walk on By not the song you quoted me on

And I forgot about those songs so sue me

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
ABfg79M.png

tumblr_n9ysnciIZK1ry46hlo1_r1_500.gif
its official, kendrick is bigger than drake, not just better.

:sas1:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Electric Circus was truly ahead of its time. Goes to show how far marketing and good publicity will get you. These two album are very similar in terms of concept, sound and style.

Always found the criticism of EC to be very hive-minded and dismissive. People already had this idea that Com had lost his marbles and that the album was garbage before they even heard it. Theres no reason why it aint heralded at one of the best albums of 2002, but his label delayed it, basically wrote him off and his public image was damaged so it was aborted.

This album will likely get 5/5s and 10s and be on every list at the end of the year. Its a great album, dont get me wrong, but all eyes are on Kendrick right now. He's the chosen one and can do no wrong. Its funny how perspective changes our view on music. Com got punished for trying something like this, Kendrick will be praised to death for it
:yeshrug: common just kinda wack yo

Listening through a couple times I can say that I would have absolutely loved this album during my teens/early twenties. It captures those feelings of misguided anger, inspiration, and hopelessness that was swirling around my head at that time.

As of now, I've seen too much and I know too much to really be impressed by this album. It comes off as simple minded and amateurish rehashes of concepts that have been beat into the ground by now. He does a good job at sounding deep, and I can see why his fans appreciate that. But It does nothing for me :manny:

:mjcry: this the type of nikka pac was talking about in "mortal man" when the last time u seen a 30 year old ready to fight? america has stole the soul from homie

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
drank a ton and smoked some dabs and gave this a second thorough go around and much doper than my initial thoughts. Really loving Momma and How Much a Dollar Costs. OTOH, some abject stannery in this thread. As I mentioned reminds me heavily of the Roots album, Black Messiah, and Electric Circus, as a few other posters have mentioned, and we have posters here caping like crazy for this record who in the past probably shytted on the Common record for not being LWFC so the brand-newism is prolly getting overblown like the thread here when 20/20 dropped. On the whole this record is good for hip-hop.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
just checked amazon. they got the physical copy already on sale and the delivery date is for tomorrow:dahell:.....anybody know if this is legit or just an error?