Kendrick Lamar Worldwide iTunes Performance
http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/kendricklamar.html

:ohhh:

James Worthy

Superstar
Daps
Yea white people can't releate to this album at all:mjlol:

It's crazy cause his biggest fans a white. :snoop:

I remember my first Kendrick concert was nothing but white people, it kinda ruined it for a friend of mine to hear them rapping along the lyrics and this album I can't imagine what a concert would be like:beli:

The first time i listened to the album i was feeling some kinda way that there is a white person somewhere dancing like "shoulda never given nikkas money!"

dancing-kid.gif

:lolbron:

Not that there is anything wrong with white people liking this album its just....interesting...considering the content:

tumblr_nlc2jzd0xj1tmd2mlo2_500.png

tumblr_nlc2jzd0xj1tmd2mlo6_540.png

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Where did I say anything about a critic:dahell:. I'm only talking my enjoyment. And I said nothing about a checklist. I talked about the music as it is

You said "people making statements comparing him to the greats..." was for shyt beyond the music. Critics?

You basically listed items that indicted the album from not being good in your eyes, while not actually speaking to the music or your listening experience or your feel of the music.

1. You say: "He had soul/jazz/funk beats on there. Another rapper already made an album before with those style of beats." That's all well and good, but were these actual beats good or not? You see my point?

It's ok if you feel like they weren't good beats, that's not the point. But who cares if somebody has done something similar before and maybe did it better? My gripe with your original post was that the shyt listed didn't have anything to do with actually listening to music. It's like even if a song sounded great to you, if rapper B already did a similar type song and you liked it better, than Kendricks song must suck, even if the song is good, it can't be good because rapper B did it already.

shyt like that has nothing to do with judging the music on it's merits.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first time i listened to the album i was feeling some kinda way that there is a white person somewhere dancing like "shoulda never given you nikkas money!"

dancing-kid.gif

:lolbron:

Not that there is anything wrong with white people liking this album its just....interesting...considering the content:

tumblr_nlc2jzd0xj1tmd2mlo2_500.png

tumblr_nlc2jzd0xj1tmd2mlo6_540.png

jt calling kendrick a boy...:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said "people making statements comparing him to the greats..." was for shyt beyond the music. Critics?
That was in reference to you singling me out and ignoring the dozens of comments in this thread that are about the impact/commentary as opposed to the music itself. Most of the conversation in here isn't about "just the music"

You basically listed items that indicted the album from not being good in your eyes, while not actually speaking to the music or your listening experience or your feel of the music.
Everything I said was about my listening experience and my feel of the music

1. You say: "He had soul/jazz/funk beats on there. Another rapper already made an album before with those style of beats." That's all well and good, but were these actual beats good or not? You see my point?

I said other artists have done it BETTER.

It's ok if you feel like they weren't good beats, that's not the point. But who cares if somebody has done something similar before and maybe did it better? My gripe with your original post was that the shyt listed didn't have anything to do with actually listening to music. It's like even if a song sounded great to you, if rapper B already did a similar type song and you liked it better, than Kendricks song must suck, even if the song is good, it can't be good because rapper B did it already.

shyt like that has nothing to do with judging the music on it's merits.
Here you are forgetting that people enjoy music for a multitude of reasons beyond just how it sounds. Sounding good isnt enough to make me listen to a song more than a couple times. If another artist has done it first and better, then I'll just listen to that artist, there's no need to listen to the attempt emulate.

And for the record I never said any of the songs "suck". I actualy really enjoy a couple of them. I just talked about my feelings on the album after a couple listens.