Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
album is dope(:dead: @ nikkas screaming classic/garbage already like always) but i do understand the criticism about how a LOT of his "messages" are common sense type shyt that only people who've had their heads under a rock would view as some new next level shyt, Ab-Soul does the same thing with his conspiracy theorist wave

Same with Cole's latest too

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Don't know if I'm going to end up liking this more than GKMC or S80 yet but this album is incredible, the instrumentals put this negu ahead of his peer by far, this album is not as lyrical as his other works but went he goes in he GOES in :whew:

The album version of I is amazing :krs:
When everything comes together at the Pac interview:ooh::sadbron:fukking chills brehs.

KING KENDRICK :blessed::blessed::blessed:

Now I just need God Son to drop another classic and my year will be complete :feedme:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
bro that's why i gave up on cole a long time ago :smhcraig: nikka refuses to say anything original/innovative

but im just the type of nikka who doesn't like hearing shyt that i already know :yeshrug: the only exceptions are when nikkas OD on creative ass ways to say it on some super lupe type shyt

but lemme stop before some nikka claims im hating

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
See but 3 out of Lupe's 5 albums are musically dope...so it's not just about him being complex cause most people felt Lasers was wack and FnL2 was mediocre...and straight up called him out on it...but that isn't the case with Tetsuo and Youth so I don't even understand posts like this...
Quiet as kept, nikkas stan for rappers with worse album ratios than that

But its cool to like certain rappers and hate others :francis:

Deadman187

All Star
Daps
album is 6.5/10 to me and the second half is way better than first half.

I understand what he was trying to do with "u", but the execution was horrible :scust:

Wasnt feeling the interludes either, and king kunta and "i" are still wack to me

But mortal man, complexion, momma, hood politics, alright, dollar cost :blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
album is dope(:dead: @ nikkas screaming classic/garbage already like always) but i do understand the criticism about how a LOT of his "messages" are common sense type shyt that only people who've had their heads under a rock would view as some new next level shyt, Ab-Soul does the same thing with his conspiracy theorist wave

You can only make the message so hard to gather together. If you don't break it down to the point where most people can understand your vision then it's a waste. It'll end up like abstract art where maybe 10% of people get it, but the other 90% is like :dahell:

Soul doesn't make his music hard to understand either for the same reason

Not really. Cole portrays his messages clearly right there in front of you and explains it precisely like any other rapper.