Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
i wish he'd stop talking about his dikk all the time.

i really enjoy this album..but it has tons of references and quotes/homages .. if this was game or hov y'all would have the pitchforks out. let's call a spade a spade
different artists so different context

People are tired of Game's chameleon style

And I think the Jay hate for "using other people's lyrics" is overblown anyway. It encompasses like what, 1% of his lyrics? Not even that probably

ralph lauren

Banned
Daps
that complexion track :ohhh:

.. that imagery,.. :ohhh:

your blues eyes tell me your mom wasn't fast enough :mjcry:

rhapsody on the beat :patrice:

Last edited:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I don't understand why Lupe fans and Kendrick fans are arguing to this extreme. Lupe fans and Kemdrick fans should be supporting one another these are the two artists not named Nas who utilize their platform within the mainstream to push lyricism and substance over party and bullshyt. These are the two artists who have completely reinvigorated the Concept Album within the genre. Lupe and Kendrick are fans of EACH OTHER if shouldn't be like this. We should be championing both and upholding them as the future of the craft../

I'm saying...as a fan of both they both dropped two modern classics imo

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
nikkas arguing over Lupe vs Kendrick like some clowns. Not even gonna enjoy all this AMAZING music being pumped out. This album is Dope as hell!!

Exactly. All these vs threads popped up and the album hadn't been out a full 24 hours :mjlol: terrible habit that people have nowadays. Let the shyt sink in before forming a opinion or comparison or hailing it as classic.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
that complexion track :ohhh:

.. that imagery,.. :ohhh:

your blues eyes tell me you mom wasn't fast enough :mjcry:

rhapsody on the beat :patrice:
nah i gotta salute him for havin Rapsody on here, lowkey she been spittin, i heard a track wit her and Phonte like a year ago that shyt was :ohlawd: that tape and her latest one are dope but the industry would never give a chick who raps like that a heavy push

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
i wish he'd stop talking about his dikk all the time.

i really enjoy this album..but it has tons of references and quotes/homages .. if this was game or hov y'all would have the pitchforks out. let's call a spade a spade
This dikk ain't freeeeeeeeeee :russ:

But seriously it's a metaphorical phrase in my opinion. :francis:

And no I'm not gonna explain fukk you, pay me :tyrese:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This dikk ain't freeeeeeeeeee :russ:

But seriously it's a metaphorical phrase in my opinion. :francis:

And no I'm not gonna explain fukk you, pay me :tyrese:
i realize that breh but he mentions his dikk in 2 or 3 other songs.. calling it "big"..even goes into exact detail on how many inches in another :scust:

not to mention he talked about his dikk in 2 other popular features over the past few years :manny:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
i realize that breh but he mentions his dikk in 2 or 3 other songs.. calling it "big"..even goes into exact detail on how many inches in another :scust:

not to mention he talked about his dikk in 2 other popular features over the past few years :manny:
:dead: I know breh

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
album is dope(:dead: @ nikkas screaming classic/garbage already like always) but i do understand the criticism about how a LOT of his "messages" are common sense type shyt that only people who've had their heads under a rock would view as some new next level shyt, Ab-Soul does the same thing with his conspiracy theorist wave
You ain't gotta lie to kick it, my nikka
you ain't gotta try so hard.

message to the hypebeasts :wow:
^ case in point, there aint nothin ":wow:" about that

and i agree Mr. Ducksworth mentions his dikk WAY too much :beli: had to delete that shyt, just imagine cruisin wit the windows down wit ya nikkas blasting ya music and that shyt comes on shuffle :scust: pick a better metaphor nikka, fukk wrong wit you

Last edited:

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
I know this prob isn't the right spot to ask, but I know it will be seen so maybe someone can help me out. Do I need a certain number of posts or something to start a new thread?? I'm new to the site and I've wanted to post new threads on occasion but at the bottom it says I have insufficient privileges. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks

Ayo...

Q5L9D5R.gif