Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I never been a fan of super musical hip-hop ; outkast to me the only one who knew how to lower all that extra shyt when they spiting and then to bring it back

sometimes feel kendrick fighting the track

i like the drums and the bars in rap

i respect Kendrick for not taking the easy way out with the album ; but i only like the rap about the homeless guy being god

but the end of the record was comedy to me

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I reading these reviews and aIl I read is this sounds like some kast or j.dilla. :whoa: Where the west coast sound at? I will take my time to listen to this but I'm not trying to hear Kendrick Lamar sound like outkast.:dahell:

You must not have a good ear. I been having painful ear aches that impaired my hearing lately and I can hear the West Coast influence raw and clear...

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally don't even think Lupe is a beast. I personally think Kendrick is better than him at every possible thing that we usually judge hip hop artists on. I was a fan of Lupe when he first came out but his music is just corny and patronizing to me nowadays. As most already know already, I'm not a fan of being overly lyrical for no reason. If you're lacking in other aspects I don't see what's the point. TPAB is the album I think most Lupe stans wish Lupe could make. Tetsuo wasn't bad, but it's not that good either.

:rudy:

If Lupe released something like TPAB, I'd be disappointed.

And Kendrick isn't skilled enough to put out something like T&Y.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
He's very talented lyrically..but so was Ras Kass..the trick is to master all elements without looking a lame....

That's my thing. I believe that the most talented lyricists are the ones who can craft verses that doesn't necessarily have to be overly complex or cryptic to be potent. I'm more impressed by the impact a simple brilliant flip of words from a Biggie than some arabesque hodge podge from Lupe. It lasts longer to me. More potent. That bullsh!t Lupe was spitting on Tetsuo didn't impress me at all.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:rudy:

If Lupe released something like TPAB, I'd be disappointed.

And Kendrick isn't skilled enough to put out something like T&Y.

Yea aight. If Lupe ever made an album this good ya'll Lupe d!ck lickers wouldn't even know what to do with yourselves.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
As for this Lupe vs Kendrick nonsense. I'm seriously getting annoyed with it by Lupe stans. Every time theres a thread centered around Kendrick Lupe is always mentioned out of nowhere. Whats the big deal? Sounds like insecurity.

IMO I prefer Kendrick. Again that's just my opinion. I feel Kendrick is just more versatile/diverse which what I like about him. He can make conscious music like Lupe, but also love/sex songs, ignorant/banger music, West Coast gangsta music, happy music and sometimes club music. Lupe while he is a beast main priority seems to mostly be lyricism which is important for a rapper, but putting it over many things can be stale. Kendrick balances things out.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea aight. If Lupe ever made an album this good ya'll Lupe d!ck lickers wouldn't even know what to do with yourselves.
:russ:

Why does anybody that doesn't agree with your opinions on Lupe equate to them being a "dikk licker" or stan though?

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
As for this Lupe vs Kendrick nonsense. I'm seriously getting annoyed with it by Lupe stans. Every time theres a thread centered around Kendrick Lupe is always mentioned out of nowhere. Whats the big deal?

Lupe stans have some type of inferiority complex. They wish their pretentious rhymeing super hero was as well regarded in the REAL world as Kendrick.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:russ:

Why does anybody that doesn't agree with your opinions on Lupe equate to them being a "dikk licker" or stan though?

Cause it's usually the blatant Wasalu scrotum suckers like you, @Versa, and @NoHalfWay that write pro-Lupe dissertations whenever someone isn't praising ya'll God. Very few people would rather listen to Lupe over Kendrick.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:umad:

Fukk outta here with that. :camby:

GKMC>>>> Lasers & F&L 2

I like Kendrick. I was anticipating this album.

But to me, Tetsuo & Youth is lyrically and sonically superior to TPAB By a wide margin.

If you weren't riding K-Dot's nuts so hard, you would be able to see there is really nothing special about this album. :manny: