Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after a few listens Im still taking Tetsuo and Youth over this as rap album of the year so far. :manny:

Who's with me? :youngsabo:

Somebody should compare the two.:patrice:

James Worthy

Superstar
Daps
Rapsody had one of the best verses this year

I dunno about being the best verse but i'm happy she got a placement on a mainstream project. I like her and her NBA reference lines usually leave a nikka like;

tumblr_mxk4ljZHkS1sdydefo1_400.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So after a few listens Im still taking Tetsuo and Youth over this as rap album of the year so far. :manny:

Who's with me? :youngsabo:

Somebody should compare the two.:patrice:
I don't know about anyone else but I think T&Y is the better album as well...I think this Kendrick album is good but its my least favorite from him...and it starts off kinda weak...

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukc chris rock brehs.

just wanna say cats like that made careers by shtting on pac and michael jackson. just refreshing to hear an artist shout both them cats out and the positive impact they had on culture and what they meant. sure they had faults but amplifying that shyt to ridicule them and get paid fukk outta here.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Kendrick is definitely a MUCH better artist than Lupe and this album proves it. To Pimp A Butterfly is beautiful. From start (Wesley's theory) to finish (his conversation with Pac). A1 production. Nice funky and jazzy atmosphere. And Kendrick is spitting. No cryptic bullsh!t that we got from Lupe. Nice concepts (These Walls) and black awareness. This is the best album I've heard in a minute. I love GKMC but I don't think I liked it initially as much I like this album. Kendrick is the best that the new generation of hip hop artists have to offer. Lupe ain't even in the equation and the only ones putting him there is his delusional stans.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No it's not. It's right under your nose. :dwillhuh:

I mean at the end of each segment of the poem, the poem is reiterated so you can follow along with how it relates :dwillhuh:

The only thing that's cryptic is that there's underlying stories that don't relate to the poem at all, but are equally important.
:heh:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Rapsody had one of the best verses this year

That Complexion verse got me on the net searching for more stuff from her. Never sat and actually listened to her before but she can spit her ass off.