Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Daps
How is Kendrick a much better artist?..explain it...

Kendrick is more versatile with the flows, his songwriting ability is better and the production is way way better.

Plus Kendrick can resonate with the listener better than him..Lupe's music is all about lyricism, which is great but its NOT the complete package that Kendrick is.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kendrick is definitely a MUCH better artist than Lupe and this album proves it. To Pimp A Butterfly is beautiful. From start (Wesley's theory) to finish (his conversation with Pac). A1 production. Nice funky and jazzy atmosphere. And Kendrick is spitting. No cryptic bullsh!t that we got from Lupe. Nice concepts (Walls Could Talk) and black awareness. This is the best album I've heard in a minute. I love GKMC but I don't think I liked it initially as much I like this album. Kendrick is the best that the new generation of hip hop artists have to offer. Lupe ain't even in the equation and the only ones putting him there is his delusional stans.
No Kendrick ain't..and honestly this thread showed me somethin..and I like the album by the way...

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Heard about 6 songs and I'm not really feeling it.....his content is there but I'm not feeling the delivery..... Kendrick is nice but I never liked his delivery on some tracks.... I see what he's trying to do on the jazz/ funk tip but its not my cup of tea

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No Kendrick ain't..and honestly this thread showed me somethin..and I like the album by the way...

He is. And honestly only on the Coli will you hear ANYONE even have Lupe in the conversation. Some of you dudes need to snap back into reality. Kendrick is a MUCH better artist and has pretty much been putting out better music than Lupe since he debuted. As @Smack_Who_is_This_Niqqa? pointed out, Kendrick's music resonates with the listener much more than Lupe's music. Lupe's brand of overly complex lyricism isn't something the average avid hip hop fan wants to revisit. Just facts.

Daps
He is. And honestly only on the Coli will you here ANYONE even have Lupe in the conversation. Some of you dudes need to snap back into reality. Kendrick is a MUCH better artist and has pretty much been putting out better music than Lupe since he debuted. As @Smack_Who_is_This_Niqqa? pointed out, Kendrick's music resonates with the listener much more than Lupe's music. Lupe's brand of overly complex lyricism isn't something the average avid hip hop fan wants to revisit. Just facts.

I dont fukkin get it breh..its like we are saying Lupe is garbage..that dude is a beast..but his overall music/projects is not on kendrick's level

Lupe is a great scorer..Kendrick can pass, score and defend.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Kendrick is more versatile with the flows, his songwriting ability is better and the production is way way better.

Plus Kendrick can resonate with the listener better than him..Lupe's music is all about lyricism, which is great but its NOT the complete package that Kendrick is.
Kendrick ain't more versatile with flows than Lupe...not only is Lupe versatile with flows...he is more in the pocket more often than Kendrick...his songwriting ability ain't better...especially not more than Tetsuo & Youth...Kendrick relies more on skits than Lupe to get his point across as well...Lupe managed to make all those catchy hooks relate to his verses..he didn't waste anything...sometimes even tailor fitting a hook to each verse in one song..so the hook switches up depending on the verse...and it all relates and adds to the vision..while still making it catchy..the beats argument is subjective too cause I like the beats on Tetsuo and Youth overall better than this Kendrick album which is ironic because I like the style of beats Kendrick was going for better than the style of beats Lupe was going for...

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
what song is that?
dahelljpark1-gif.4335

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I dont fukkin get it breh..its like we are saying Lupe is garbage..that dude is a beast..but his overall music/projects are not on kendrick's level

Lupe is a great scorer..Kendrick can pass, score and defend.

I personally don't even think Lupe is a beast. I personally think Kendrick is better than him at every possible thing that we usually judge hip hop artists on. I was a fan of Lupe when he first came out but his music is just corny and patronizing to me nowadays. As most already know already, I'm not a fan of being overly lyrical for no reason. If you're lacking in other aspects I don't see what's the point. TPAB is the album I think most Lupe stans wish Lupe could make. Tetsuo wasn't bad, but it's not that good either.

Daps
Kendrick ain't more versatile with flows than Lupe...not only is Lupe versatile with flows...he is more in the pocket more often than Kendrick...his songwriting ability ain't better...especially not more than Tetsuo & Youth...Kendrick relies more on skits than Lupe to get his point across as well...Lupe managed to make all those catchy hooks relate to his verses..he didn't waste anything...sometimes even tailor fitting a hook to each verse in one song..so the hook switches up depending on the verse...and it all relates and adds to the vision..while still making it catchy..the beats argument is subjective too cause I like the beats on Tetsuo and Youth overall better than this Kendrick album which is ironic because I like the style of beats Kendrick was going for better than the style of beats Lupe was going for...

Everything we argue about on here regarding music is subjective..so let's say we agree to disgaree

CoolCappy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I reading these reviews and aIl I read is this sounds like some kast or j.dilla. :whoa: Where the west coast sound at? I will take my time to listen to this but I'm not trying to hear Kendrick Lamar sound like outkast.:dahell:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Everything we argue about on here regarding music is subjective..so let's say we agree to disgaree
Cool..but like I said...to just throw out that Kendrick is the better overall artist and reducing Lupe to just a "lyricist" is wrong..cause he is more than that...

Daps
I personally don't even think Lupe is a beast. I personally think Kendrick is better than him at every possible thing that we usually judge hip hop artists on. I was a fan of Lupe when he first came out but his music is just corny and patronizing to me nowadays. As most already know already, I'm not a fan of being overly lyrical for no reason. If you're lacking in other aspects I don't see what's the point. TPAB is the album I think most Lupe stans wish Lupe could make. Tetsuo wasn't bad, but it's not that good either.

He's very talented lyrically..but so was Ras Kass..the trick is to master all elements without looking like a lame...Kendrick did that..
KRIT, Lupe, Cole all of these new nikkas just cant do it.