full

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Heard it again today, this time in the whip wit my nikkas :whew:

I hate that I spoiled myself to The Blacker The Berry, if I didn't know about it, it literally would've been the greatest climax I've heard on record. The buildup to that song is just perfectly executed. :banderas:

another thing is that if people are still talking about this album being a modern g-funk album then they have a short attention span. When you get past King Kunta the only thing that's jazz/funk about this album is i. It's a hip-hop album through and through, with crossover R&B beats but almost no R&B artists do the hooks

doct3rdr3

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand this "no singles"/"no bangers" criticism.

No singles? :what:What do you call the Grammy Award-winning "i"? ..."King Kunta"?

No bangers?:why: ...Did you forget "The Blacker the Berry"? What do you call the Rick Ross-sampling trap music of "Alright"? ...The eminently catchy "Hood Politics"?

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap

No singles? :what:What do you call the Grammy Award-winning "i"? ..."King Kunta"?

No bangers?:why: ...Did you forget "The Blacker the Berry"? What do you call the Rick Ross-sampling trap music of "Alright"? ...The eminently catchy "Hood Politics"?
"Bangers" are not even important anymore. They are a dime a dozen.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
we may be reaching new territory

of the impact musc can make on society

the message with the technology of today

has the possblity to shift
2591.jpg
humanity
One day that Michael Jackson of rap gonna touchdown and it's over. The me
Amazing album. I've listened four times today. It's aMazing what hip hop can be when you have artists who really want to Make music for themselves.
This is wheré we could a been before cacs manufactured the shift.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Cac, trap stan commentary.

People who don't actually like music. This is probably this generations midnight marauders or close enough.

I already want another album

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I've been listening to songs off and on today. Local radio has been playing songs from it all day. Just listened to it all the way through again though.

Might be a classic. MIGHT
It's a classic.

I don't even skip the songs I kinda consider skipping.

That chorus on how much a dollar cost hyyyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnn and them vibrations on walls can talk.

That nikka who killed kendrick boy feeling that ETHER.

111122-Wilfred-Mott-crying-gif-Imgur-dXok.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
just wanna say James Fauntleroy came thru again :banderas:

Other thimg is, album is very good....better when you read the lyrics while listening

Dont see how most of you can bash a lyrical rap album on one listen.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

There ARE bangers.. nikkas are just too infatuated with trap music. You can't even blame them either because that's all that's currently around us. People like complaining how Hip Hop is all the same, yet when a rapper gets bold enough to do something different, he catches hate for it. Well. Then don't complain when you get 15 versions of the Rich Gang mixtape from 30 different rappers. :ufdup:

You tryna tell me that Alright isn't a banger? Complexion? Wesley's Theory?? These Walls??? :usure: Even the album version of "i" goes.