Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
This.

Dude is glorifying the hood a bit too much IMO. And it's fukked up cause you can literally feel him reaching to talk about shyt he knows nothing about.

Sadly, this is your boy Drake ima nutshell.

nikka from the burbs talking about guns and blades, and goons.

Kendrick 2/2 on classsics.

Drizzy 0/3

kg-2000-dunk-contest-reaction-o.gif

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Real man shyt....I nearly shed a tear a listening to this. This couldn't had come at a better time when we needed a soundtrack relevant to the times man. He's broadening his worldview outside of Compton, talking about shyt that actually matters right now for the black community and doing so proudly with no fukks given. Its still early, but this will end up being a very important album. Kendrick made this specifically for his core fans, not those who were expecting GKMC Pt.2 . GKMC is great in its own right (don't get it twisted) but TPAB offers alot more to digest in comparison.

Its not just a story of Kendrick coming up in Compton. This is Kendrick on top of his game speaking on new experiences and revelations he's encountered since rising to new heights of super stardom, the pressures of fame, and inner conflicts within himself that has him going on a spiritual quest searching for answers on how to resolve them..That ends with him speaking to 2Pac's ghost.....even so, I'm not sure Kendrick got all the answers he was looking for.

Its also a celebration of black music with rich history that is less than appreciated by the masses. I like trap beats too but I think theres enough space for something different. I'm just blessed for albums TPAB, T&Y, Black Messiah and FHD that deal with the black struggle come out in such a short time span.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Logic dropping an album with a near 1:1 copy of Made Men that has a fake Eminem interview at the end is all but guaranteed, right?

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
just listened to the album and uhhhh :francis:....nah man...that shyt ain't for me or anybody around me..only a true kdot stan or them musty looking afro centric types gonna like this shyt..where the bangas at, breh?

at least when cube got on that pro black shyt he was a lil more coherent and his beat were a lil better..

that "alright" song is decent thou..but nothin else really grabbed me :manny: