Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:beli: man this shyt is fire. I was buggin earlier

it really picks up after institutionalized...still my favourite song.

this is definitely better than GKMC as a whole project. However the HIGH HIGH points of GKMC might be better than this projects.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
When I heard Pac's voice for the first time on 'Mortal Man' I literally went..
no-2.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:beli: man this shyt is fire. I was buggin earlier

it really picks up after institutionalized...still my favourite song.

this is definitely better than GKMC as a whole project. However the HIGH HIGH points of GKMC might be better than this projects.
:ufdup:

you was buggin

i can actually see the aquemeni references people talking about, though i think outkasts soul felt more authentic to me spanning from atliens to stankonia

people (really just napoleaon and other people hating for the sake of balancing out the people that like the album) talking about kendrick rehasing old peoples music missing the point that he is bringing this type of music back to the mainstream. aubrey could have if he wanted but lesbihonest he doesnt have the experience with black culture to do something like this. he is just getting acclimated to black culture right now

kendrick brought the roots of black music back to the mainstream at a time where we got bruno mars and others ripping off our classics and sitting at the top of the billboard

this album was a salute and a call back to a few of the best moments in recent black music with the jazz neo soul and funk. honestly even if you dont like it, as a black person in this country you have to appreciate what he just put out there. not a true radio single song on there (except maybe "alright"), he just went straight for the music and feeling with this one

@Ziggiy said it best some posts back, this album was a great feeling

it'll be hard to compare this with GKMC but i think kendrick may have just made two great albums back to back

Daps
i got the stanky face bouncin to wesleys theory. lol

i was literally in silence when i finished the album. silence. shyt left me floored. floored from the consciousness, the soundscapes, the lyrics, the layers.

i :salute: the homie. and to think this nikka is just getting started.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Man relistening to the album, "These Walls" is :wow:

If shyts all true, the way he broke down the "walls" metaphor, and went in talking about ole girl w the "vacancy" (ain't been smashed in a minute), then tying it in to the story from GKMC about his homie gettin killed...and the killer getting caught up & locked...revisiting that on the third verse of this track & basically telling the nikka POETICALLY AS fukk that he's fukking his bytch now is just :scust: :wow: :whew: