Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Instituionalized production/sonically sounds just like J Dilla. I hear a lot of Dilla/Slum Village influence on some of these tracks.

As a rapper I think he's annoying as fukk to listen to and overrated, but it's certainly interesting what he opted for sonically on here
Momma is the most obvious one to me

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't very hyped for this so when it dropped I wasn't real :krs: like I am with other things

After 2 listens I think it's very good, even more cohesive than GKMC

As far as it being album of the year I don't really know yet, compared to everything else that has come out yeah

I think something else will top this though it's only March good year so far

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Momma is the most obvious one to me

Yep, speak of the devil. I got it right now. I could hear Dilla yelling ad libs on here.

So great, the gremlin is warbling and grumbling over remade Dilla beats. :beli: Now people gonna act like he's a revolutionary

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Top 5

How Much A Dollar Cost?
Institutionalized
Alright
You Ain't Gotta Lie
Momma

All fire :whew:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Instituionalized production/sonically sounds just like J Dilla. I hear a lot of Dilla/Slum Village influence on some of these tracks.

As a rapper I think he's annoying as fukk to listen to and overrated, but it's certainly interesting what he opted for sonically on here

Institutionalized at the beginning reminds me of

megatronium

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:
ether.jpg

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
SO!
I'm in love, this is a beautiful (concept?) album, I know grouping blacks together is a bad thing, but I really feel like this is a big artistic win for black music in 2015
Kendrick really ripped open his chest and let us see something beautiful
the skit was just :banderas:
the soundscapes :banderas:
the perspective and feelings he was expressing :banderas:
the interview at the end of mortal man too :banderas:
the fukking caterpillar allegory :damn::damn::damn:

will it kill the vibe if you play it in the car, yeah
but when you feel like being inspired as a black creative, this thing is irreplaceable

I think definitely this is going to be one of the ones remembered 20 years from now and beyond

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Nah it's not. I never dikkride a rapper because I fukk with them. A classic to me is an album with 3/4ths of the songs I'll.play for the rest of my life. If nikkas want to listen to this weak shyt 20 years from now cool.
The irony is you quoted a nikka that dikk rides a rapper.