Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
this shyt is so west coast is hurts :ohlawd:

I'm really feeling this shyt off first listen itll get even better on later listens

the argument about whose the best of the new class is laughable

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:
Uncalled for :damn:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas that don't like the album are still here to say they don't like it.

:laff:
My issue is the standards other rappers are held to as opposed to people y'all like. I'd love to see the reaction of this album if Cole made it. I'm 100 percent sure most of y'all would be making sleeping jokes. I'm just tired of the dikkriding from grown ass men.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I respect it...I just understand that I'm either too "aware" and too experienced to accept this surface level criticism of "the system"

This sort of reactionary passive aggressive pseudo-revolutionary music by just name-dropping black civil rights leaders is just so fatiguing right now. I'm over it.

I understand a lot of these dudes need this shyt cause they lack role models and leadership in their own personal lives...but this isn't going to leave a mark on me.

That's fair....but new negros need SOMETHING. The lack of general awareness in hip-hop is not a mistake...

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:
kg-2000-dunk-contest-reaction-o.gif

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps

shyt

nfbd-1-png.430

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My issue is the standards other rappers are held to as opposed to people y'all like. I'd love to see the reaction of this album if Cole made it. I'm 100 percent sure most of y'all would be making sleeping jokes. I'm just tired of the dikkriding from grown ass men.

You right, certain rappers can make good projects and still be shytted on by the majority.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
How Much A Dollar Cost is hands down the best track on here

Dope story, excellent beat, no weird voices, and Ron Isley at the end is icing on the cake :ohlawd:

Whole album could've been like this :wtb: