Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Suggest me some good jazz artists breh.

I'm pretty new to it myself breh, but I've been listening to Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Ahmad Jamal , Thelonious Monk, Robert Glasper (who's on this album) and some others. :manny:

Kendrick might of started a movement, "This dikk ain't freeeeee" :ohhh: :laff::russ:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Are you the reason why mama and them leavin?
No, you ain't shyt! You say you love them, I know you don't mean it
I know you're irresponsible, selfish, in denial, can't help it
Your trials and tribulations a burden, everyone felt it
Everyone heard it, multiple shots, corners cryin' out
You was deserted, where was your antennas again?
Where was your presence, where was your support that you pretend?
You ain’t no brother, you ain’t no disciple, you ain’t no friend
A friend never leave Compton for profit or leave his best friend's
Little brother, you promised you’d watch him before they shot him
Where was your antennas, on the road, bottles and bytches
You FaceTime him one time, that's unforgiven
You even FaceTimed instead of a hospital visit
You should thought he would recover, well
The surgery couldn't stop the bleeding for real
Then he died, God himself will say "you fukkin' failed"
You ain't try

I know I ain't been the only one listening to 'U' like "this nikka man..." :mjcry:

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect it...I just understand that I'm either too "aware" and too experienced to accept this surface level criticism of "the system"

This sort of reactionary passive aggressive pseudo-revolutionary music by just name-dropping black civil rights leaders is just so fatiguing right now. I'm over it.

I understand a lot of these dudes need this shyt cause they lack role models and leadership in their own personal lives...but this isn't going to leave a mark on me.
I cosign this powerful post

everything kendrick says in this album has been said already in the 90s. just because nobody makes problack music anymore he slides in with this basic analysis of how black people are lost and now everyone jocks his dikk for it.

there isnt actually any knowledge in this album ..... if you want to know how intelligent pro black/anti system music should sound load up Wu Forever

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I respect it...I just understand that I'm either too "aware" and too experienced to accept this surface level criticism of "the system"

This sort of reactionary passive aggressive pseudo-revolutionary music by just name-dropping black civil rights leaders is just so fatiguing right now. I'm over it.

I understand a lot of these dudes need this shyt cause they lack role models and leadership in their own personal lives...but this isn't going to leave a mark on me.

Perfectly said.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I feel like its just me out here :to:

It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
It is just you fakkit, is it really a shock a dude that named himself "Negro_Napoleon" on Reddit and denied being black on TheColi wouldn't rock with Kendrick :russ:

You listening to Drake like you do is pure comedy too, anybody that reads your posts knows ain't many bytches checking for you, your posts exude such lameness. That's why you fukk with Aubrey so heavy, cause you listening and day dreaming a bytch would even be with you first in order to leave you :scust:

:damn: