Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I respect it...I just understand that I'm either too "aware" and too experienced to accept this surface level criticism of "the system"

This sort of reactionary passive aggressive pseudo-revolutionary music by just name-dropping black civil rights leaders is just so fatiguing right now. I'm over it.

I understand a lot of these dudes need this shyt cause they lack role models and leadership in their own personal lives...but this isn't going to leave a mark on me.

:dead:

This fakkit is in every Kendrick thread constantly trying to downplay his music, we get it you clown, you love Drake take your corny ass somewhere else :camby:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Agree with this. Its like some sort of a weak attempt at a neo soul album.

Even Terrace Martin's last album, 3 Chord Fold, did the whole throwback jazzy sound A LOT better.

Can't believe how boring this album is. No good songs or melodies, weak hooks, and Kendrick has ZERO mic presence on this. Might as well be a (weak) instrumental album. I don't care about the attempted message or race theme cause the music cant back it up :camby: There's about to be a lot of excuses and plea copping from kendrick stans in this thread
I loved 3 Chord Fold and still play tracks from that album but no bruh...just...no