Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why: i can't fukk with you on this shyt breh

That's cool, no-one has to, just 1 man's opinion. I'm not dissing the album, infact I think it's commendable in certain ways, and better than a lot of shyt out and that has been recently and overhyped. There's things I like about the album, but then there's other aspects that bring it down to me. There's some great beats though, I even think it's his best project. Not like it's a 1 mic album to me, 3 is a fair score, it's decent/good to me, I could understand someone rating it a 3.5, maybe even a 4, but personally it isn't really hitting me like that. It's ok to me but there's very little I feel to revisit, and there's certain songs I'd really like if it remained at it's peak level to me but certain things ruined my personal enjoyment of it.

But I'm happy people will like the album and enjoy it. Cause honestly this album is SO much better than Drake, Young Thug type trash that mainstream wise I'd certainly be rooting and hoping for this to be 1 of the most successful albums, because it's vastly superior to so much of the bullshyt. However I have very high standards in Hip Hop, to get the 5's, or 4.5's etc it has to be exceptional to me and compete with the great great albums. I enjoyed Fashawn and Ghostface's albums more personally. But as I said I hope this does well compared to a lot of his competition and I hope people enjoy the album, but I also must be honest about my feelings on it. I don't hate it, I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's mind blowing or exceptional either, though there are some aspects and qualities of the album I like in different areas, but not consistent or cohesive enough TO ME for it to get a very high rating. But I like that I see some growth, and I'm not tripping even about the experimentation, I feel some of it works, other parts not so much to me personally, just my opinion.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wasn't expecting to like this but i'm four songs in, and i liked all of them so far, stand out being "you ain't gotta lie"

btw i'm not listening in order (my first listen is always on shuffle to judge songs on their own right, then i listen again in order to judge as project and see what feels "right" and "out of place" for me)

Jards

All Star
Daps
Mortal Man :mjcry:

Gave a couple spins and off first listens it's dope. Love the concept of the album - it's like a poem he wrote for Pac. Times like this make you realise how important Pac was and how much the culture needed him.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Mortal Man :mjcry:

Gave a couple spins and off first listens it's dope. Love the concept of the album - it's like a poem he wrote for Pac. Times like this make you realise how important Pac was and how much the culture needed him.

Someone on KTT pointed out that's the basis for the album, and every song in order illustrates the point he was making, as he's reciting the poem. Crazy shyt.