Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Exactly. I think it's the sequel to section.80 as well - section.80 finished with HiiiPower which was in homage to Pac

I think so too. I think the reason why we got that instead of GKMC Part II is because GKMC is the story of K. Dot becoming Kendrick Lamar. Section.80 is Kendrick who already learned those lessons. To Pimp A Butterfly is Kendrick dealing with depression, fame and him trying not to forget the lessons he learned in the GKMC era, while also giving social commentary on what's currently going on. That's why you hear an inner struggle on the album, because he feels like he should be using his platform for good instead of staying silent, but feels conflicted due to his own demons (Or, 'Lucy'). Hence, the last line in TBTB and also the song u and the couple lines in i.

You could say that by Kendrick reading the poem to Pac, Kendrick is also coming to realizations and learning his own lessons with self-reflection. And that the reason why Pac was unable to answer, is because he died before he was able to solve his own problems, so it's up to Kendrick to find his own answers. But because he was able to talk to his mentor, he now has more confidence and wisdom to find the answers Pac was unable to.

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
:mjlol: Coli overreaction already in full effect. Album leaked less than 12 hours ago and dudes have already decided it's complete trash or better than GKMC. Dude even said he gonna be bumping this album forever :dead:

Nice surprise to wake up to tho, bout to give it a spin.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
son........These Walls.

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

this album is that Sunday music.

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
Before I get into this, anyone got the production credits? Prolly been posted but I don't feel like looking :manny:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Is this available for purchase yet or did it only leak? I'm on iTunes and I only see the pre-order.