Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally think this is Kendrick's best album most probably. Sounding like a 3 mic album to me...

I hate the hook on Hood Politics...

To me better than Lupe's album, Drake's mixtape, but heard shyt I feel is better also. Mixed to me.

I see elements of growth, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement and growth still.

DAlbert

All Star
Daps
Whats wrong nikka?
I thought you was keeping it gangsta?
I thought this what you wanted?
They say if you scared go to church

2563254-1361589542722.gif

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Oh yea someone asked if they heard alright before. Pharrell is using that same boyz II Men sample from Rick Ross song (Presidential)

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I personally think this is Kendrick's best album most probably. Sounding like a 3 mic album to me...

I hate the hook on Hood Politics...

To me better than Lupe's album, Drake's mixtape, but heard shyt I feel is better also. Mixed to me.

I see elements of growth, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement and growth still.

Is this English? :dahell:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Only 1 listen so it's just a quick opinion. So far I'm not really feeling this album at all. The first 3 tracks are very weak from a hiphop standpoint, if it was a funk album I would rate them differently. In fact this needs a instrumental release, some godly shyt on here. The highpoint for me is "alright", songs like U and institutionalize are fukking fire. The rest, I'm not a fan of his structure or hooks
A lot of the songs is him taking a back seat to the beats. Idk it's just one listen maybe I will appreciate it. I like that he decided on thought provoking subject matter though.