Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
These nikka just dropped an entire album on black pride and the highly tense racial climate in America right now yet y'all nikkas posting about fukking Taylor Swift in this thread. :mjcry:

I've listened to How Much a Dollar Cost about 8 times in a row now. It's so fukking perfect, this might be his most iconic song.

Nikkas sitting there geting geeked up over some wack white bytch tweet and not even appreciating the gem we have here

Daps
Listen to it and see for urself fam...I don't think it's what nikkas on here is making it out to be but u may end up liking it more than I do...
you know how they gonna do on here.. :francis:

album ain't "great".. far from "bad".. it's straight, off first spin.. can't front..

on the same note- I honestly stay away from these kinda threads.. folks OD gettin their lil point across..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:wow:

Kendrick did it again. This album is like an art gallery of black music. Hip hop. R&B. Soul. Funk. Jazz. Spoken word. Some tracks give me Stevie Wonder vibes, others feel like James Brown. This shyt is a magnum opus. It's not perfect, it has some parts that don't work, but overall it's dope as fukk.

The song writing is dope. The features work perfect. Anna Wise on These Walls...whew. George Clinton on the first track. RON ISLEY crooning over How Much A Dollar Cost. Bilal on everything he touches. Even Snoop comes through on his Children's Story steez. This is a project of dedication and love, and anger. Kendrick was a DARK place brehs. And he came out on top. shyt is inspirational.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I'm just waitin for the thread about Kendrick bein too cryptic...
nah thats the main draw between him and lupe theve been makin similar music the last few years

but kendrick got the elite of the elite contributing to his album who knows how to deliver his message and make the music appealing to the masses

lupes project dont lack direction but his message gets lost due to his cryptic style

im just thankful we finally got a couple albums this generation that can truely stand with the all time classics

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Meehh this aint hip hop

This album too wierd for me....I want my rappers to make rap music not this ambiguous ass shyt

Hardly any hip hop music in this mufcka

Got nikkaz and cacs praising him for making non hip hop music but if this was someone else they would give them hell

Fck outta here I see the blood on the leaves

Ima listen to it for the first time later today :lolbron:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
you know how they gonna do on here.. :francis:

album ain't "great".. far from "bad".. it's straight, off first spin.. can't front..

on the same note- I honestly stay away from these kinda threads.. folks OD gettin their lil point across..

Exactly. I don't partake in no stan wars or none of that bullshyt so Its hard to take nikkas opinions seriously in these kind of threads which is why I have to personally take a listen and judge myself. And from what I heard so far(I'm o 12) Its dope!