Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
almost 100K in 1 hour on iTunes

they say 1 million first week is possible :ohhh:

The first rapper since Eminem to hit a Milli first week. If there's ANY rapper who deserves that honor, it's Kendrick.

how much do you bet Drake puts an interview with Biggie as the last track on his album ...

sorry i know brehs...but i had to do it...could not resist

Drake isn't inspired by Biggie that heavily though, is he? lol I know you're kidding, but if dude even had the audacity to pull that off at this point, he'd get the :ufdup: from everybody.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
this album will be a grower for most people. the more you listen the more you like. People are accustomed to gritty street tales like on GKMC, tonally this album is very different and it may be off-putting to some people. Kendrick is a creative genius. them jazzy beats :mjcry:
I'm so attached to GKMC's gritty and raw storytelling that I got to open myself up to this one:wow: At the beginning of the album you'll be like :patrice: But as it goes on you just break down to it :mjcry: This may overtake GKMC as I listen to it more, it's one of those growers

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Everybody still up in arms about Untitled not making the album but the thing is. This album is perfect as is, there's not a song I'd take off to add Untitled. Untitled is an incredible performance and song but I think of it like I think of The Heart Pt. 3. The Heart Pt 3 is also an incredible record but I wouldn't sacrifice ANY song on GKMC for it. In the age of smartphones and everything digital all you have to do is throw Untitled on right at the end of Mortal Man as a *bonus* if you dig it that much

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm so attached to GKMC's gritty and raw storytelling that I got to open myself up to this one:wow: At the beginning of the album you'll be like :patrice: But as it goes on you just break down to it :mjcry:
me as well. GKMC is one of my most favorite albums ever. So it's hard to live up to that. This album is very different but I love Kendrick's creativity and I can't wait until I really put together the whole story and decipher it more, kendrick seemed to up his wordplay on this album, lots of double entendres and metaphors.