Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
That album cover tho brehs :wow: Most beautiful shyt I've seen in a minute, Such a powerful image, Got a breh thinking what could be :mjcry:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gone off that dub of sour homies. gotta class in the mornin and I'm feeling good as fukk. about to replay king kunta and call it a night homies

Daps
After 1 listen it didn't grab me like his other albums did, didn't know what to think

On 3rd listen now, and I'm starting to get into it....that track with Snoop is crazy

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is great so far. The album title, musical soundscape, and wordplay seem to reference old school black power/blaxploitation stuff.

This sounds great. All of his albums have a story to em, this one is no different.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
if after this, yall can't see the clear distance between him and Drizzy, I have no hope for you all.

I'm not even doing Drake vs Kendrick arguments anymore. This just said all anyone will ever need to.

This is Kendricks time man. He just has it.

I've only listened once, but I was amazed. As anyone with functioning ears should be.

Peace.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Mortal man just has me in a mixture of :scust: and :wow: @ how smooth and cold this shyt is

Good Lord :damn:

TheLostArtz

Rookie
Daps
bumped the album twice and my fav shyt on here is the 2nd part of "U" haha smooth jazzy steez overall album is good !!!

riddlerap

G-Unit 4 Life
Daps
i bought GKMC, only bought like 3 or 4 albums the past 3 years.. but im not feeling this. "Alright" is the first thing im really feeling so far. "U" is okay, but not something i could throw on repeat. i wish Kendrick would drop mixtapes filled with street songs like "mAAd city" if this is the direction his albums are gonna go. i want that "Best Rapper Alive" or "Ronald Reagan Era" KDot.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What I will say is Mortal Man had one of the most touching endings to an album I remember in recent history...shyt damn near brought a tear to my eye I can't front...

It is :wow:

I didn't realize when Pac was talking about how we done playing, and that it's gon be murder, that was what's being represented on the cover art.

edit: furthermore, it also plays on "To Kill a Mockingbird", which exposed the legal system white America has created. :ohhh: