Kendrick Lamar - The Heart pt. 5 official video

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Really great track. But just like with a lot of his catalog, I have no desire to listen to it again. Like I know Kendrick is a supreme artist, he just lacks replay value more often than not, imo.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Not even gonna entertain them comparisons but imma put it like this. I don’t give damn near 2 shyts about these crackas reviews. In real time. That shyt was NOT loved like that on the streets and I’m speaking on straight up Kendrick stans callin it some mid. And the crazy part is it literally dropped on the day my son was born. 03/15/15. I was in the hospital listening to that album while my son and wife slept I should have a deeper connection with that album with how excited I was to listen to it. shyt is the highest rated hip hop album of all time. I’m sorry ain’t no amount of thesis gonna make me get wit that rating. Lol. Homie also won a Pulitzer Prize for DAMN. Another album that ain’t deserve all that. Lol. U my guy so imma always respect ur opinion tho. Lol. But TPAB, is no Illmatic(especially not), or Reasonable Doubt. One of those albums hit the streets like a storm to the point it got bootlegged crazy and made his peers wanna change the way they rapped. The other album was blazin the streets in 96. There’s more to say but u get my drift. Lol. Mark my words tho. GKMC is that album for Kendrick. And if he revisited the likes of that one? U would see a far bigger reaction. And it ain’t about what I like the most either because my fav Kendrick album is Section 80 but I can see objectively what GKMC meant to the generation.

GKMC had a modern sound and was talking about the streets, as was Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt. It's hardly fair to compare the popularity of "Conscious Hip Hop" to "Street Rap" anyway especially nowadays.

TPAB is a Jazz/Funk laced "Conscious Hip Hop" album that sounds nothing like modern mainstream Hip Hop, it was never going to impact "the streets" like GKMC.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
GKMC had a modern sound and was talking about the streets, as was Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt. It's hardly fair to compare the popularity of "Conscious Hip Hop" to "Street Rap" anyway especially nowadays.

TPAB is a Jazz/Funk laced "Conscious Hip Hop" album that sounds nothing like modern mainstream Hip Hop, it was never going to impact "the streets" like GKMC.
Which is why I said TPAB ain’t THAT album for him. That’s GKMC. And I disagree with the Jazz influence hip hop not making an impact. Especially with the artists core fanbase. shyt Illmatic had plenty jazz influence.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Which is why I said TPAB ain’t THAT album for him. That’s GKMC. And I disagree with the Jazz influence hip hop not making an impact. Especially with the artists core fanbase. shyt Illmatic had plenty jazz influence.

Illmatic came out in 94 when sampling Jazz was more common, I was saying in the 2010s an album like TPAB probably isn't going to capture as big of an audience as a result of it being so sonically and lyrically different from mainstream hip hop.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Illmatic came out in 94 when sampling Jazz was more common, I was saying in the 2010s an album like TPAB probably isn't going to capture as big of an audience as a result of it being so sonically and lyrically different from mainstream hip hop.
Lemme ask u a question. Why didn’t Lupe’s T&Y get the love TPAB got? It executed its concept even better. Why did J Cole’s KOD get shytted on? But DAMN praised? Kendrick is a critic darling my guy. Lol

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Lemme ask u a question. Why didn’t Lupe’s T&Y get the love TPAB got? It executed its concept even better. Why did J Cole’s KOD get shytted on? But DAMN praised? Kendrick is a critic darling my guy. Lol

Lupe isn't mainstream but T&Y was acclaimed, i'm a huge Lupe fan but be real T&Y and Lupe in general does not have much mainstream appeal if any. Cole sounded uninspired on KOD and it had bad beats to me personally so I won't speak on that

Kendrick being a critic darling is true but that's hardly relevant IMO because great music is great music

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
KOD is a meh album at best lol. Even Cole stans aren't parading that album. I'd say T&Y is a good album, even as the resident Luper hater, but I don't see the comparison to TPAB. They don't sound the same sonically. And Lupe's popularity with fans and critics has been declining for years so...